Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have my brand new Cooper Sport on order after months of debating the right spec, colour etc for my next mini - while I can still make changes I’m struggling with decision on white or black roof/stripes with island blue paint - will also have pano sunroof so not sure how that will look with white. White currently on order but can still change….options below, what do you think?!

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi all - I have my brand new Cooper Sport on order after months of debating the right spec, colour etc for my next mini - while I can still make changes I’m struggling with decision on white or black roof/stripes with island blue paint - will also have pano sunroof so not sure how that will look with white. White currently on order but can still change….options below, what do you think?!
i like it with white roof/ bonnet stripes, ive previously has an electric blue cooper & starlight blue cooper with a white roof/bonnet stripes and they looked great. i think blue/white go together really well. if you look at the brochure the have the have island blue with a white roof & they usually always show the best combinations in advertising

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first '09 R56 was black, second '17 F55 was white, current '19 F55 S black. I prefer the black.

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
609 Posts
I have a black roof (not by choice, I got a stock car). Had there been a choice I would have gone for White. The black is dirty the day after you wash it, pollen, dust, etc. It is also so hot in the car after it has been in the sun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
blue / white is awesome.

+1 black roof is a PITA to keep in good shape. Recently i removed 2 tiny bird poops after some hours and they left marks on the clear coat. Everything is visible on black.

·
Registered
46 Posts
blue / white is awesome.

+1 black roof is a PITA to keep in good shape. Recently i removed 2 tiny bird poops after some hours and they left marks on the clear coat. Everything is visible on black.
If you can get them, Autogym Bird Dropping wipes will sort those marks out - had the same issue and nothing would get rid of them, tried the wipes and they were gone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Definitely white - sets it out amongst the rest! Hope your wait isn't too long! :giggle:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Both looking good, leaning towards the white with the blue.

Did you spec any other options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Both looking good, leaning towards the white with the blue.

Did you spec any other options?
Yes I did! Going a bit all out because I want to get this one right and have it a while so comfort and nav plus pack, auto, sunroof and darkened rear glass

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have island blue/white on a countryman. Great. But without the stripes. Birds like to dump on black cars

·
Registered
59 Posts
As per your original post, how much of the roof is visible around the sunroof? Will you just end up with a tiny area of white? Will that look odd? Maybe you can take a tour round the dealers to find a car with white/black roof and a sunroof. Or consider body coloured roof.

·
Registered
27 Posts
White looks cool with the blue,just takes a little more looking after,however guess you will be washing the baby weekly so not a great issue,just wash the white roof so its free of bird gifts and pollen,nice choice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts