Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm really keen to replace the standard MCS spoiler for a JCW and see a couple of dealers selling on ebay either primed or painted. Primed for around £250 and painted for around £450 Does anyone know roughly how much a bodyshop would charge to paint it black? I guess if it's £200 then might as well buy the painted one and fit myself. Waiting for the dealer to call me back with a price they can supply & fit but I'm suspecting main dealer to be a fair bit more expensive. I just wondered if a small independent paint shop might be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I don't know about across the pond but I use a very good body shop for all of my cars near where I live, and they repainted the rear wing of my '90 BMW E30 M3 (which is larger than a MINI wing) for $250 (USD), including stripping and prep. The M3 wing is made of composite materials also, not plastic, not metal...but it's heavy.

I'd think the MINI rear wing would be a piece of cake for any good body shop to repaint proper.

HTH,

John

·
Registered
136 Posts
You will pay more at the stealers but they do guarantee it for 8 years or something daft like that, when I was looking to get my black mirror caps painted in chilli red they were quoting something like £40 each

1 - 3 of 3 Posts