Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From our Friends at the BMW Blog. Some of you might have seen it already.

When BMW launched the current 2 Series, BMW fans the world over rejoiced. “Finally, BMW is giving us the small BMW we’ve been wanting for …

When BMW launched the current 2 Series, BMW fans the world over rejoiced. “Finally, BMW is giving us the small BMW we’ve been wanting for so long!” is what I think many of them said. Regardless of the details, BMW enthusiasts were very happy, indeed. But the 2 Series does have one glaring problem, and it’s not an insignificant one — its price.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/10/30/could-the-mini-cooper-s-be-a-cheap-bmw-alternative/

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
From our Friends at the BMW Blog. Some of you might have seen it already.

When BMW launched the current 2 Series, BMW fans the world over rejoiced. “Finally, BMW is giving us the small BMW we’ve been wanting for …

When BMW launched the current 2 Series, BMW fans the world over rejoiced. “Finally, BMW is giving us the small BMW we’ve been wanting for so long!” is what I think many of them said. Regardless of the details, BMW enthusiasts were very happy, indeed. But the 2 Series does have one glaring problem, and it’s not an insignificant one — its price.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/10/30/could-the-mini-cooper-s-be-a-cheap-bmw-alternative/
I don't really like any of BMW's latest offerings apart from the facelift 3 series and the i3 and i8, I don't even like the new 7 series... I feel Mercedes' recent designs have been by far the most successful of recent years.

I'd much rather pay £30k for a fully loaded JCW than even think about parting with the same cash for a pretty bog standard 220d M Sport... They don't look sporty and they don't look that classy in my opinion. BMW need to up their game in my eyes.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Even the sporty ones (I had an M135i) are not as much fun, and a fully loaded M135/235 will cost you well over £40k. OK, there's 325BHP on tap, but after 18 months I started to find the ultra light steering, the false engine sound, and the weight all started to make the car feel quite sterile. True, the 135 had a more practical hatch with much more space than the F56, but the novelty of sub 5 second 0-60's started to wear off.

In its defence, it was a more "grown up" car, but not once did anybody ever say to me "Lovely car you've got there", unlike my old R56 JCW, and the compliments for the F56 are endless. Would I have another M135 ? Only if I could get a RHD X-Drive version (but we don't get them in this country) and I could mod the **** out of it.

Would I have one in preference to the JCW ? Definitely not :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts