Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to pull trigger on Cooper mainly for my wife. She wants the 1.5 Auto, for those that have this car how do they find the auto for using daily? It seemed fine for me on the test drive.

Second point we have been looking at either chilli pack or pepper pack, price is about £2k more for Chilli pack, is it worth the extra? It will be my wife's car to use to and from work about 4K miles a year. My problem is I always keep adding specification and sometimes need to rein myself in!

I do like the led lights in chilli, find standard seats comfortable but sports are also ok, will be adding multi steering wheel to pepper if we go that route.

What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey!

I have the Cooper with an Auto and I love it, it's very responsive and pretty smooth as a daily car.

In terms of the packs, it depends on what your other half wants. The sports seats are very comfortable (I don't think I'd enjoy the car without them), and the driving modes definitely add to the MINI experience.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mean led headlights as these come with chilli pack

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I did mean led headlights as these come with chilli pack

Must have changed the spec's as LED lights were extra on the chilli pack when I got mine.

Any night driving then I wouldn't be without LED's..

·
Registered
320 Posts
LED headlights, especially out in the sticks are brilliant. If my driving was mainly in town though I probably wouldnt bother. I'm in rural Worcestershire and wouldnt be without them now. Startled quite a large deer through the lanes tonight :eek:

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
As Dave says (ish) you need to setyour budget and decide what you need then if you can afford mote would like! As his mine to is specced to the hilt. Only things ive not got are full leather(half) and the driver assist package and tinted rear. But i got the car i wanted. Cant change it now!

·
Registered
494 Posts
LED headlights a MUST !
I just don't know how Mini can blow it by not making
LED Headlights STANDARD equipment on ALL their cars ?
Lacking what other manufacturers are doing, they all are, even the cheapest
Asian imports have LED headlights.

I have Automatic, I love the clean, smooth, quiet, effortless and
responsiveness of power this engine.....a great engineering design.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Must have changed the spec's as LED lights were extra on the chilli pack when I got mine.

Any night driving then I wouldn't be without LED's..
I think Production Week 9 builds onwards, Chilli incorporated LEDs and went up by about £100 less than the list price of the LEDs. I delayed mine from week 8 to a 9 in order to get them.

I have to say, great as they are, I can probably take them or leave them in retrospect. I know that when I open the side door to my garage and I can't see the actual garage door from where I'm stood and I've unlocked the car beforehand, the light they kick out makes me think the garage door is wide open and it's actually daylight flooding in.

Oddly enough, I think the start of the show with the LEDs is actually the rear lights - they look really cool!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So here is final spec so far, still undecided if it is worth adding front sensors which are about £330 extra. With rear sensors only does it just beep or do you get car come up on screen or do you have to have front and rear for this?

Think I've got a fairly decent offer list price OTR £23659, managed to get around a 15% discount so takes it to just over £20k.

Opinions always appreciated....

Mini Cooper 1.5 Automatic
Chilli Pack
Melting Silver
Cosmos wheels on silver
Black Pear cloth/leather interior
Black Roof with Panoramic glass
Privacy glass
Visual Boost Audio
Folding mirrors
Rear parking sensors
Mini Yours Steering Wheel
Piano Black Interior Trim
Chrome line exterior
Enhanced Bluetooth with centre armrest
Space saver spare Wheel and jack
TLC servicing pack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Order place

Think I've got a fairly decent offer list price OTR £23769, managed to get around a 15% discount so takes it to just over £20k.

Mini Cooper 1.5 Automatic
Chilli Pack
Melting Silver
Cosmos wheels on silver
Black Pear cloth/leather interior
Black Roof with Panoramic glass
Privacy glass
Visual Boost Audio
Heated Windscreen
Folding mirrors
Rear parking sensors
Mini Yours Steering Wheel
Piano Black Interior Trim
Chrome line exterior
Enhanced Bluetooth with centre armrest
Space saver spare Wheel and jack
TLC servicing pack

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got sent a voucher on Monday from Mini UK to say if I ordered before end of November and collected by 23rd December then they would provided an additional £500 Mini UK finance contribution on top of what is already available. Thought as I have already placed my order bet they won't provide it to me as I placed my order in October! Just been called by dealership to say Mini will add the additional £500 so now getting a car with list price of £23900 for under £20k happy days! Also car is due to land next week....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lovely colour and wheels combination, same as my new Cooper!

Very similar spec too but I threw in the nav xl and driver assist.

From ordering to driving away took about 4 weeks...6 weeks earlier than they said! Hope you are as fortunate.

Well done with the price too, I am too soft and no haggler so I just pay what I am asked for.
I suppose that's daft but I wouldn't like to end up like Mike Brewer! I.e. Just haggling for the sake of it, sometimes for a little as £50.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well done with the price too, I am too soft and no haggler so I just pay what I am asked for.
I suppose that's daft but I wouldn't like to end up like Mike Brewer! I.e. Just haggling for the sake of it, sometimes for a little as £50.
Thank you!! It's people like you that allows hagglers like me to get a cracking deal ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lovely colour and wheels combination, same as my new Cooper!

Very similar spec too but I threw in the nav xl and driver assist.

From ordering to driving away took about 4 weeks...6 weeks earlier than they said! Hope you are as fortunate.

Johnan, the best deal is the one your happy with :) I haggle to a point, but not ruthlessly so, I like to walk away thinking I actually bought off people I like and that I'm comfortable with. And I'm happy that the decent sales person walked away with a few quid commission because it can be sh*t in sales. First sign of pushy-ness, bye bye, deal off.

So when I rock up 3 days later with a problem (puncture), the same people sort it. Actually, not just sort it, they go over the top, no charge, no fuss. Customer service is alive in some parts of the UK!

Reactions: johnan

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thank you!! It's people like you that allows hagglers like me to get a cracking deal ;)
Snap and double snap ;)

My wife walks away as she says it's embarrassing although she doesn't complain when it gives her more money for clothes :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Agree wouldn't do without the sports seats they're fantastic. Also wouldn't do without multi function wheel and though I haven't got them the LED lights are now an essential after driving my wife's BMW that has LED lights. The Chilli pack is dearer but you will get the benefit of the extras over the Pepper pack and will get more for the car when you sell it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Have you seen the Cosmos in Silver? They look completely different to the black ones... Just incase. Looks like you've got yourself a good spec!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts