Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my mini is do its first service at the dealership. They now state online that all areas touched including interior and exterior are wiped down with sanitiser. Am not being funny but my car is slightly modded and is in showroom condition. I dont want them to be wiping paintwork potential scratching and also taking any protection i have off. Ie wax etc. And also on the interior also to be stripping the interior dressing protection I have. The dealership knows I dont like a wash/vac when I present my car to them and I refused them to even take any transport protection off when I bought it new. Can I refuse them to clean it even though covid?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Last time mine was in they wiped the door handles down and cleaned the steering wheel/gear lever/handbrake and dash with anti-bac spray. I did mention that I felt the anti-bac spray wouldn’t be great for the leather but unfortunately that’s what they have to do. Glad I don’t have an alcantara wheel. :)

·
Registered
F54 Clubman S All 4
13 Posts
My keys go in a plastic bag, they cover the seat and plastic wrap the gear knob and steering wheel. No fluids exchanged. Then an a$$hat service guy comes over with the mask over his mouth but not nose. Guess he was expendable 🤷🏽

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have not owned my mini outside of COVID, got it in April, and it’s been back to the dealer three or four times. I have not seen my dealership do any of this, things must be more lax in the United States.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah they also refuse to wash my car after my Mini service 'due to COVID' like they used to. They said this is to have less people working on the car to help with social distancing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
They offered to wash and vac mine (it’s going in tomorrow) but I’ve told them that under no circumstances are they to go anywhere near it with a washcloth. I let them wash it once and it looked liked they’d used sandpaper.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah they also refuse to wash my car after my Mini service 'due to COVID' like they used to. They said this is to have less people working on the car to help with social distancing.
How odd, mine went in for MOT last week, and they washed it! Must have had time to spare. I haven't polished it yet so I didn't mind so much. I will be getting precious about it once it's detailed properly though! :LOL:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts