Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all. My mini dealership called me to tell me my car needs to be checked for the crankshaft bearings. I really don't understand. Is this an official recall? Have many been affected by it...is it all the 2014 cooper s models? And has everyone had to have an engine replacement as a result? Nervous as I only just bought the car!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah I have a 14 Cooper s and I thought I was having a problem with my clutch, so I brought it in. Turns out it's a crankshaft problem, he said he's been going back and forth with mini but most likely it's gonna be a whole new engine and possibly new clutch.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Yeah I have a 14 Cooper s and I thought I was having a problem with my clutch, so I brought it in. Turns out it's a crankshaft problem, he said he's been going back and forth with mini but most likely it's gonna be a whole new engine and possibly new clutch.
A new engine is the way Mini fixes the problem, once the faulty crank bearings have caused engine damage, resulting in the clutch malfunctioning and oil contamination.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my car back.. The clutch issue was resolved as far as I know, but my car now makes a sound that it never made. Sounds like air is flowing through something it's not supposed too, completely unsatisfied with how I got my car back. Bringing it back in Monday..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tilly B

all. My mini dealership called me to tell me my car needs to be checked for the crankshaft bearings. I really don't understand. Is this an official recall? Have many been affected by it...is it all the 2014 cooper s models? And has everyone had to have an engine replacement as a result? Nervous as I only just bought the car!
My Mini Cooper s 64 plate recalled. Only done 3,000 miles. They say I need new engine? Can this be right? What can I do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my daughter is about to have a new engine change but they now want to charge for a clutch replacement its done 12000 miles and is less than 18months old. I believe this bearing fault may have caused the clutch wear. My daughter is not a heavy clutch user and never had had a clutch problem in her old car. So be aware of rising costs BMW garages are trying to re-coupe for their own engine faults.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.