Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, the quality of my Mini F56 is far superior than the older R56, but what really bugs me are the internal door handles. When I am sitting inside the car and go to grab to shut or open the door , they bloody creak so much! Is this just my car or do other owners experience or notice this? Are there screws etc I can tighten to fix this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed the same thing on my F56 and it drives me insane. Any update as to a potential solution?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed the same thing on my F56 and it drives me insane. Any update as to a potential solution?
Unfortunately, this fault is present on most of the F56's, even brand new ones, such as the Mini e in the showroom, I checked.

I brought this up with my local dealer, and they just dismissed it as a 'characteristic' of the car! They could not even be bothered to take a look at it. To be honest, I find most dealer technicians offer a pretty poor level of service form my experience. This issue should not happen espressialy considering this is suposed to be a premium brand!

Apparently there is a fix for this fault and I will do it when we have warmer weather in the coming months. I will also take this opportunity to fit sound deadening pads on the door.

I have attached the fixfound on the BMW/MINI information system for the dealers. The plastic welds which hold the armrest/door handle stretched over time hence the creaking noises. Why plastic welds in the first place is beyond me, considering how much force is neded to close these heavy doors.

The process involves drilling out the plastic spot welds and replacing them with screws. I purchased about 30 of these screws from eBay. Care must be taken when doing this. I hope this helps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts