Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was looking for suggestions and advice here...

I live in a place where primarily there is a ton of B roads (nice and curvy) by also some dirt tracks. I have an MC on order and i specced it with the black Victory Spoke 16"; Nice but not terribly exciting. My dream has always been to have a rally car, however the Spanish laws are quite strict when it comes to car tuning and I'm also worried of a warranty void, so any drastic transformation to the car (raising it for example) isn't really an option for me.

So, I was trying to see what I can do to customise my MC but stay within the legal/accepted limits. I have asked my dealer (there's official MINI service but no dedicated dealership here - orders go through the BMW dealership) which isn't very helpful, to give me the max Wheel size allowed by the brand for the MINI, this is what they came up with...

205/40 R18 86W

I'm obviously not looking for 18" rims, I actually want an increased tyre profile... so I'm probably looking at 14-16" rims, with the max profile and the widest possible. Ideally with small studs or a cross print. Since I'm no expert I dont know how to calculate the max total diameter (rim+tyre) of the measurement given by my the dealership, and then using that to find the best combo of taller/wider tyres + smaller rims.

Any help or links will be much appreciated :) Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm also looking for this kind of information,
i want to build a mini CROSScooper inspired by the mini DSQUARED 2012
do you know this one?
i already have the rims (OLD mercedeswheels , they really fit exactly !) and we are now studying on the tyres and higher springs....

succes!
BR
jos baijens from the netherlands

·
Registered
19 Posts
YEAH it's ready ! the crosscooper is finished!
and it works!, looking good
but
i'm unable to put pics on this forum....
can anybody help/, give me an e-mail adress to send the pics....so anyone could place them onto this forum?
BR
jos

·
Registered
185 Posts
You need to upload them to a photo bucket account (or something similar)

If you go with photobucket, then upoad them to your account from your PC or phone and once uploaded, click on the picture you want to share. Then from the 'share links' section on the right hand side of the photobucket page you can select the 'IMG url' and post it on here

job done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.