Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 JCW, 6,500 miles only from new, garaged with a Ctek charger left on permanently. Started ok yesterday, drove 10 miles, parked up and it would not restart. Called rescue and restarted first time with a battery pack. How can I have a flat battery if the Ctek charger is doing it’s job ? The Ctek appears to be working as it should but I still ended up with a battery that had insufficient left in it to start. Later checked and it had been eight weeks since the car was last out for a blast. Ordered a new battery to be fitted but feel confused as I thought the Ctek would prevent these occurrences. Any advice ?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Yeah it should. Ctek are what ferrari use/supply. Are you sure it was plugged in and switched on. I've been guilty of not doing that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New battery fitted today. Alternator checked and all ok, no faults found only a very low original battery even after a 100 mile blast. Looks as it has just degraded after 5 years, very little use and a Ctek charger consistently used. I am still very puzzled by this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts