Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I find the cup holders too big. I find cans or bottles flop about in the super sized holders which even if the contents stay in, most of the time, it irrates at every corner or roundabout. I searched and found others agree but they have gone the route of buying bigger water bottles. Google has let me down I haven't found any inserts to stop this. Has anyone else done better?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
As the title says I find the cup holders too big. I find cans or bottles flop about in the super sized holders which even if the contents stay in, most of the time, it irrates at every corner or roundabout. I searched and found others agree but they have gone the route of buying bigger water bottles. Google has let me down I haven't found any inserts to stop this. Has anyone else done better?
I would agree, even McDonald's large drinks aren't sufficient enough for them! Must be due to the growing size of cups in the USA and CA, they have to cater for all I guess.

I only ever put my keys and phone in mine so I'm just happy it fits an iPhone 6s.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Compared to my 2003 the F56 cup holders are perfect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You could always try these??

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Silione-Coasters-Paceman-Holders/dp/B00TOWQOSW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1474498040&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=cup+holder+inserts+for+f56[/ame]

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You could try one of those foam holders that fit a can of soda, or similar. But, I don't really see this as much of a problem. I'd prefer a bit too large than being too small! They are deep, which is far better than some I've had.

You will never see an open container in my MINI, but a bottled water maybe....not a problem at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Because the car is sold all over the world (and I assume that America is a fairly large market for the brand?) They need to accommodate the Route 44 size cups too.

So if us having larger cup holders in our UK cars encourages Sonic to open up over here, then I'm all for it!!

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
358 Posts
I do agree the cup holders do let cans and 550ml bottles roll around a fair bit, however going back to an R53 they are a huge imprvoment! In my mrs R53 you can't put any McDonald's cup in the holder because the top hits the window switches etc, so it sits at a fairly dodgy angle! Make some inserts out of some hgih density foam? Could probably pick some up on ebay for not very much, an inch deep that sits in the bottom of the cup holder just to steady the size you use most often?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would agree, even McDonald's large drinks aren't sufficient enough for them! Must be due to the growing size of cups in the USA and CA, they have to cater for all I guess.

I only ever put my keys and phone in mine so I'm just happy it fits an iPhone 6s.

Doesn't quite fit a 6s Plus though. Infact there doesn't seem to be anywhere decent to store it. Doesnt fit in arm rest either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You could always try some craft foam sheet from a craft store. Make a wrap around or cut to fit the inside of the holder, like a sleeve or koozie.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I haven't seen a problem here, occasional drinks from McDonalds, and Subway (I never go large...), and sports bottles, and couldn't say I've noticed them sliding about to any degree. Most of the time it's keys and phone that are in there. My last car, mk4 golf, had pop out ones which sat in front of the stereo, so these are a vast improvement as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway since we're blaming America, someone needs to make Trump aware of the problem, I hear he's going to fix everything ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.