Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Its happened. Everyone said it would, and I told them it wouldn't, but it did.

I gathered this was the best place to come for help. So...What can be done? Who do I go to? How much will it cost me?

Thanks in advance!

JA

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've done the same with one of mine, thanks to my neighbour trapping me in.

As it's only one, I'll take it to Mini Park Lane Service Dept. for a refurb.

It usually costs around £70.

There are other places who do it, but it's less hassle to take it to the dealer I find.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just to confirm, that's £70 per wheel........fortunately one one of mine has been scuffed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, I would much rather get it done by the dealer. I work 5 mins walk from the Park Lane dealership, is the service dept. near there?

Thanks again

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't know if you're from over the pond, but in the UK we have kerbs, not curbs - just me being a pedantic git.>:D

I've got black victory spokes, and current;y park about 2 feet away from them :D

good luck with getting them fixed anyway.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Me too Mikes wagon-paranoid! Not to say I wont-I did my r56 on our drive due to a neighbour and my mum's parking and me being impatient! Grr. I took mine to mini who did a brilliant smart repair. however I can also recommend prestige wheels in Birmingham (good website) who do a courier service, ie pick up repair and drop off and they did my wife's diamond turned alloy which mini dealers wont touch so well you really couldn't tell; they are truly amazing ! of course you are then without a car for a while or need a spare!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
They are brilliant; not many will touch diamond turned alloys. They are BMW approved and did a perfect match on the wife's Highgate cabriolet, (only for her to swap it for a Roadster! Hey ho!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope you get the wheel repaired quickly and then you can forget it ever happened:)

I don't know if you're from over the pond, but in the UK we have kerbs, not curbs - just me being a pedantic git.>:D

I've got black victory spokes, and current;y park about 2 feet away from them :D

good luck with getting them fixed anyway.

Haha I have always parked two feet away since have cars with alloys:D the great thing about the Mini not being too wide!

·
Registered
86 Posts
A tip - the black wheels are the same colour as the black roof. I managed to kerb my front nearside wheel this week in a multi storey car park at the ticket barrier (still managed to do 6,000 miles before the inevitable) . touched in the marks with my black touch up pencil and unless you get on your hands and knees you won't notice it.
I reckon they design these wheels to make loads on wheel refurbs :)

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Or the kerbs are just at the right or wrong height. I always buy tyres with the rim protector ridge if I can but often it's not enough.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just got one of my wheels done today.
Have not hit a kerb in years so was really dissapointed to do it ( horrible noise!).
Took in the the local " dent magician" place and they did it in a couple of hours. Turned out the damage wasn't too bad. I think price depends on the actual damage but what a relief seeing the car all pristine again.
Price I paid was under £50! (although was so pleased gave them a bit extra):D

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've done mine 3 times already. At BMW Stephen James, Enfield its £60 per wheel. I rushed there for the 1st ding, I've decided to sit the winter out, collect a few more then go back.

In the interim-using black nail varnish to cover the smaller dings....works fine and guy at repair place said it would not cause any lasting issues.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Tbh a bit of time and care you'd be ok like this. I 've filled sanded and paintedalloys before. If you can get a decent paint match black wheels are probably easier to do yourself than silver .getting the exact match ifs the main issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The best temporary fix I have found is to use a black felt marker pen with indelible ink, cost 99p from the local post office.

·
Registered
49 Posts
curbed my wheel after four days of having it.
drove it for a month before I had to get some
one in to fix it. it was only about a quarter of
an inch but every time I cleaned the wheels
it was laughing at me. (male ego was hurt).
cost me £40 and was worth it. got fed up of
explaining it to every smart arse that never
curbed his wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts