Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First post and first mini! Happy to be here!

Build:
  • Mini Cooper S Hardtop w/ Automatic Transmission
  • Midnight Black
  • Leatherette Carbon Black
  • Anthracite Headliner
  • 16" Victory Spoke Black
    (I wish I had ordered the 17" Cosmos Spoke Black...tried to change a few weeks ago but production had already started. Hoping they can swap at the dealership once car arrives)
  • Mini Wired Package (Connected + Mini XL, Real Time Traffic, Enhanced Bluetooth, Center Armrest, Navigation System XL)
  • Mini Wired Upgrade (Rain Sensor & Auto Lights, Mini Heads Up Display, Rear View Camera + PDC, Park Distance Control Rear)
  • Harman Kardon Premium Sound
  • Comfort Access Keyless Entry
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • White turn signals
  • Storage Package
  • Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • Universal Garage Door Opener
  • Satellite Radio w/ 1yr Subscription
  • Alarm System

Ordered MCS: 5/1/14
Production started: 5/6/14
Paint shop: 5/13/14
Production completed: 5/15/14
Transported to Port of Exit: 5/16/14
Should have an estimated arrival date by the end of the day, but since I'm in Los Angeles I'm estimating 21-25 days.

Have a little more waiting to do...taking it one painstaking day at a time!

Looks like they're getting them out pretty close to the quoted timeframe of 6-8 weeks.

Will keep updated with status updates for other users to reference as well as pictures once she arrives!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Should have an estimated arrival date by the end of the day, but since I'm in Los Angeles I'm estimating 21-25 days.

Have a little more waiting to do...taking it one painstaking day at a time!

Looks like they're getting them out pretty close to the quoted timeframe of 6-8 weeks.

Will keep updated with status updates for other users to reference as well as pictures once she arrives!
Wecome! I bet you're like a kid waiting for Christmas! :D

But I'm a bit confused to how you've managed to get yours SO QUICK??? GB owners are having to wait MONTHS for their MCSs? How is this possible?

Reactions: andyross37

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have no idea! Counting down the hours!

I have no idea, nor am I complaining! Part of the reason I posted was because I have read of so many delays! Maybe it's something to do with the left/right hand drive? I was shocked when I head that the order was received and car built in a two week time frame!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My dealer tells me NOTHING! :crying:

·
Registered
890 Posts
My dealer tells me NOTHING! :crying:
I said to mine if I didn't get a report of delivery date updates from her regularly, then I would email her asking for the updates.

After a couple of false starts she now tells me whenever there is a change on her screen, without being prompted.

I just hope she is not making it all up to keep me quiet!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Fire the dealer Lord Sugar style - donna's Mini dealer - you're fired.

:D
But I want my MINI, I'm nae cancelling now, already been waiting 7 weeks ......

Reactions: andyross37

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
7 weeks...I waited 14 months for an M3 back in the day...

From what I am reading it looks like things are starting to get sorted now so hopefully everyone will be MINI'd up soon. Will say again they are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
52 Posts
how do you get these dates? I'm not finding this on the MINI Owner's Lounge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you get these dates? I'm not finding this on the MINI Owner's Lounge.
Been keeping an eye out online as well as getting information from calling 1-866-ASK-MINI (1-866-275-6464). Give them your production number and they can give you the dates for each step.

As of today my Mini is with the shipping company waiting to get out! Hopefully about 3 weeks until I get to drive her!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
7 weeks...I waited 14 months for an M3 back in the day...

From what I am reading it looks like things are starting to get sorted now so hopefully everyone will be MINI'd up soon. Will say again they are worth waiting for.
14 MONTHS!!!! Painful!

·
Registered
281 Posts
The more I read all your posts the luckier I feel. Mine was a launch Cooper S. Went into the dealership to test drive a Paceman and was told that this Volcanic Orange Cooper S had just become available for sale. That was on the Wednesday . Decided to buy on the spot and picked the car up the following Monday - an agonising wait of a whole 5 days !!! - feeling pretty smug - sorry guys .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The more I read all your posts the luckier I feel. Mine was a launch Cooper S. Went into the dealership to test drive a Paceman and was told that this Volcanic Orange Cooper S had just become available for sale. That was on the Wednesday . Decided to buy on the spot and picked the car up the following Monday - an agonising wait of a whole 5 days !!! - feeling pretty smug - sorry guys .
You got lucky! Congrats!

Been staring at this for a few days now...I need it change! So close yet so far!
Transport Multimedia Vehicle Website Technology

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For those out there who have already received your cars...how long did it take from the day the car arrived at port to get to your dealer? Trying to get a good idea here, I know it can be tricky to estimate if something is wrong with the car!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts