Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just registered on the forum as tempted to order a new JCW. Currently in a 2014 M135i.
What sort of deals / discount levels are currently achieveable?
The JCW is a fantastic little car, was very impressed with it!

Tom

·
Registered
84 Posts
BMW dont do discounts as a rule but dealers are willing to give you a £750 loyalty discount if you had a JCW before. My advice stick to your budget dont let them make it higher than you can afford and if its to much walk away and see if they contact you with a better deal. For me i got just over £3000 off the car lower payments than what i am paying now and a full tank of fuel after 4 hours hard negotiation!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discounted demo is your best bet at next plate change time if your not in a rush
Only way to get all the toys for sensible money

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just recently got 7% off the car, £750 loyalty, £500 dealer contribution .... but that was after only buying my JCW Coupe 18mths ago (oops!) so they were trying their best to fiddle about with figures and get me into a new one with similar monthly payments.

Just goes to show what they can do if they want to. With my first JCW I didn't get anything off ... not even a sodding keyring at collection and the car was outside in the pi**ing rain!

Just remember whatever they give you they are still making money out of you so don't be afraid to play one off against the other if you have the time!

Good luck!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi everyone,
I got £750 off the list price of my new JCW and another £2,250 discount which was the exact amount of negative equity I had in my current MINI.
I am normally sceptical of the "discount" figures as they generally move figures around as you state.
However, my settlement figure from MINI finance confirmed my negative equity and the dealer paid this off to bring my finances back to even balance.

MINI are struggling to sell the JCW, fact.
Dealerships are definitely being given incentives from BMW to sell more so there has never been a better time to negotiate if you have your heart set on one.

Makes me wonder what the resale values of JCW's will be 3 to 4 years down the line though .....

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Spec up your car at home, go take a test drive, then sit down and negotiate.

I would add a couple of things you don't want, and during the negotiation offer to take them off to haggle a better price.

My favourite is to take in the Mrs, brief her on the deal you want beforehand, and get her to say "the budget is £5k down and £350 per month" or whatever. Just look at the sales guy and say "my hands are tied"...

My dealer knows that when my Mrs speaks he has a deal, as long as it's her deal :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got 12% off my Cooper which will delivered at the end of the month. Having done test drives and built a spec I spoke to three dealers in three separate groups. All 3 needed orders to hut year end targets.

So all three got an email with my spec and a challenging target price. I was clear up front that it was a competitive tender and the best price would get an order that day.

I got a keen price from one which was supplied to the other two as the number to beat. I then broadend the spec by adding my final desired would like option on top of all the must haves. If the other two could match the price of the third and add the LED headlights they'd secure the business.

In the end I got an amazing price from my local dealer which the others couldn't get near. Deposit paid over the phone, paperwork signed the following day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers everybody! Did a deal today but opted for a 6-month old car to get all the options I wanted. Have ended up with an ex mini-uk management car which is fairly loaded with spec. Think the original list was 31k. Dealer wanted 24.9k for it but I knocked another chunk off that and got a decentish part-ex price so very happy.
Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Cheers everybody! Did a deal today but opted for a 6-month old car to get all the options I wanted. Have ended up with an ex mini-uk management car which is fairly loaded with spec. Think the original list was 31k. Dealer wanted 24.9k for it but I knocked another chunk off that and got a decentish part-ex price so very happy.
Tom
Congrats, very good taste you got:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tom
Nice looking good :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just for info,

When my wife decided on an F55 cooper, we saw one at Leeds Mini, 7 months old with 2500 mls on the clock.

Was going to pay a deposit and do the deal as Aberdeen Mini had nothing similar in stock.

However, on going in to Aberdeen Mini for a test drive, an hours haggling later, we walked out having ordered a better spec, brand new Cooper for less than the cost of the Leeds Mini used car!

Sometimes its cheaper to buy new rather than used!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.