Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. On the Dab setting on my visual boost screen I've noticed the only station that puts images on the screen (dj/song name/station logo) is Capital Fm London. What is this feature called and why does it just seem. To appear on capital?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all. On the Dab setting on my visual boost screen I've noticed the only station that puts images on the screen (dj/song name/station logo) is Capital Fm London. What is this feature called and why does it just seem. To appear on capital?
Up here in the soggy north Radio 2 shows song & DJ /show details plus the "pop" image, and this happens with the other DAB stations, obviously we're not that far behind the times north of Watford:laugh:

·
Registered
998 Posts
i think it depends on the broadcasting station as to whether they include that info. Most, if not all, of the BBC stations include it

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have found that BBC Radio 2 (I know, showing my age!) is about 2 minutes behind on the song info i.e. it takes most of the song currently playing before it updates to show the title. Other DAB stations, like Absolute R, update the instant the song starts. You would have thought the BBC, with its squillions of public subsidy, would be able to keep on top of the technology better than some of the really small operators.
I also find that in the Southeast, outside of London, I really struggle with reception on DAB, and invariably switch to FM.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's funny you say that I'm in rural Sussex and the Dab signal is better than fm! Glad as I'm a London boy so I get Kiss all over the south!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts