Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mini salesman did say to that the DAB radio may drop out every now and then, but I wasn't expecting it to be so bad. I've only had my car for a week now and it's unusable, sometimes it's OK but usually it cuts out for 30 secs to 1 minute at random times. I'm back to FM now.

Is this a problem just with my Mini or are others experiencing it?

I'm driving around Surrey/Berkshire - I assume that this is a 'good' signal area?

·
Super Moderator
7,902 Posts
For me depends on station but BBC radio 2 great, capital fm not good!

Reactions: MiniManiac

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy maybe I'll try R2 for a while.

On my last couple of commutes on the exact same roads DAB has worked perfectly. I'm beginning to wonder if other vehicles are interfering with the DAB signal. When I had problems I was in heavy traffic - maybe it's like the bad old days when some cars didn't have adequate ignition suppression and DAB is more susceptible?

·
Super Moderator
7,902 Posts
Could well be, the government want dab to make money on licenses whereas for cars fm is far more practical

·
Registered
234 Posts
For me depends on station but BBC radio 2 great, capital fm not good!
^ This. Just driving around the city, I noticed my signal tends to drop out on KISS and Capital FM when I'm around a lot of tall buildings, but any other time it's flawless. BBC Radio stations I haven't had a problem with, although I've only listened to Radio 1 thus far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts