Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
21k miles and just had my 3rd set of front tyres fitted today. Still plenty of tread on the rears.

Stoopid torque and sport button
That's something you just have to accept I'm afraid.
You can fit tyres that will give better mileage, at the expense of grip.

I know which I'd rather have through.

It's the same with my motorbike. A rear tyre last's me a little over 2000 miles, Which means that it has to be changed every couple of months. A lot of other owners are fitting harder wearing longer lasting touring type tyres to their bikes.
But why sacrifice 33% of your riding / driving enjoyment for 33% longer tyre wear?

Does.
Not.
Compute.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I changed out the original runflats at a little less than 2,000 miles after tearing the inner sidewall liner of the tire. I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+s on it and I now have about 10,000 miles on them and they are still looking good and gripping just fine. I thought about the Michelin Pilot Super Sports, but they really are a summer only tire and I don't want to changeout tires every 6 months +or -. I definitely agree with Jeremy. You have to pay to play in your mini!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.