Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I want to fit my Nextbase dashcam and as I understand it, the fuse box is located at the back fo the glovebox? If so, whats the best fuse to piggy-back from, where best to earth while in there, and how tricky is it to route the cabling up and around the windscreen on a Clubman?
Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I used a USB socket adapter (link below) and wired mine to F42 (I think) there was no fuse in it but it is ignition switched live.
I used a piggyback fuse connector for power. For earth, I removed the large plastic trim under the glove box, found a nut that could be removed and used a crimp connector on that.
Routing the cables was fairly easy.
All works a treat ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all.
I want to fit my Nextbase dashcam and as I understand it, the fuse box is located at the back fo the glovebox? If so, whats the best fuse to piggy-back from, where best to earth while in there, and how tricky is it to route the cabling up and around the windscreen on a Clubman?
Thanks

Bought a hard wire kit myself earlier today! I have hardwired the same camera in my previous vehicle and piggy-backed off the cigarette lighter, ill be doing the same this time probably. I came across this clip when looking, different model car but should be similar, he used a bolt behind the dash where he has traced the lead (its at 3:35 on the clip).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought a hard wire kit myself earlier today! I have hardwired the same camera in my previous vehicle and piggy-backed off the cigarette lighter, ill be doing the same this time probably. I came across this clip when looking, different model car but should be similar, he used a bolt behind the dash where he has traced the lead (its at 3:35 on the clip).

Found that same clip yesterday. Pretty helpful and shall be following it. Is the cigarette lighter non-live with the ignition switched off then? I know on some cars it's always live. My last car (Yeti) it was, so I piggybacked the rear wipers instead.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I’ve struggled to piggy back and get park mode working with mine so have bought a different cable (the official Garmin one) and need to go in to two separate fuses. No idea which ones to go for after piggy-backing didn’t work as well as it did on my previous F56 (an LCI). ??‍♂

·
Registered
2022 Mini Cooper SE Level 3
16 Posts
Hi all
Thanks for the tips above and in the linked articles.
I have been fitting a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 with the Garmin Parking Mode cable. to my wife's 2022 Mini Electric Level 3. (based in UK)
I also tapped (piggyback) into Fuse 62 for the Switched Live - this seems to be doing the trick.
However I am struggling to find a Permanent Live Fuse for the Battery cable of the Park Mode cable.
I thought Fuse 124 was permanent, testing with Multimeter with ignition OFF and ON.
Unfortunately it seems to also be switched, the Garmin shutting down after a couple of mins (Red light goes out) when the car is locked and alarmed.

Has anyone got any suggestions for permanent live coming from the battery please?
How can you test for permanent live with the car open, this is beyond me.
I have attached the Fuse Chart for the VIN

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all
Thanks for the tips above and in the linked articles.
I have been fitting a Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 with the Garmin Parking Mode cable. to my wife's 2022 Mini Electric Level 3. (based in UK)
I also tapped (piggyback) into Fuse 62 for the Switched Live - this seems to be doing the trick.
However I am struggling to find a Permanent Live Fuse for the Battery cable of the Park Mode cable.
I thought Fuse 124 was permanent, testing with Multimeter with ignition OFF and ON.
Unfortunately it seems to also be switched, the Garmin shutting down after a couple of mins (Red light goes out) when the car is locked and alarmed.

Has anyone got any suggestions for permanent live coming from the battery please?
How can you test for permanent live with the car open, this is beyond me.
I have attached the Fuse Chart for the VIN

Thanks in advance
Did you resolve this Nigel and eventually find a permanently live fuse?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts