Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using dashcams since 2010, following an accident. At first people thought it was a little odd... now its VERY common!

I have recently upgraded from a Nextbase 522GW to a Nextbase 622GW. Very similar in features, but the 622GW also allows 4K recording.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have always been put off by ugly installs, with wires running everywhere. Manufacturers should make them standard build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always been put off by ugly installs, with wires running everywhere. Manufacturers should make them standard build.
I've been using nextbase for a while, they have a hard wiring kit available for about £15, was easy enough to install, tracing the wire along the interior trim into the fuse box behind the glove box.

the only wore showing for me is a small amount that connects to the mount and small length at the rear doors for the rear facing camera.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wire runs along the headlining to the rear camera and down the passenger side support to the fuse box for with the hard wiring.

No wires on display, except for at the rear due to the way the doors open.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No offence @dpy_cym, but that's the kind of thing I don't want. But I know I am very fussy. I don't want to see any wires...I don't even want to see the cameras! Maybe on the G56 :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No offence @dpy_cym, but that's the kind of thing I don't want. But I know I am very fussy. I don't want to see any wires...I don't even want to see the cameras! Maybe on the G56 :)
None taken :) - Its not integrated so having access to it and seeing its working is reassuring :).

Dont Mini do an integrated version? Although not all that integrated...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thought I saw a link to these somewhere else on the forum
They seem to clip over the base of the existing rearview mirror to hide all the wires

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The MINI Advanced Car Eye 2.0 seems to be £499 fitted from a MINI dealer, and includes front and rear cameras. The Bytetronic is much cheaper, but front camera only.

Has anyone used either?

It looks like the MINI Advanced Car Eye 2.0 can be had for about £250 on eBay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts