Mini Cooper Forum banner

Dash Knee Pad Removal???

5K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  simplex123 
#1 ·
Hi, i'm a newbie with my 3rd gen MINI here. (i had a 2nd gen MINI and re-joining this MINI club with this car.)
I bought it as a 2nd hand and it has nice light brown leather seats. But other than the seats, it's all black trims.
I saw some cars have the matching leather trims around the armrest and knee pad and i cannot find any aftermarket parts.
So i'm thinking of DIYing faux leather wrap on them but i don't know how to remove those dash knee pad trims.
(I found how to remove the armrest pad tho)

This is what i have and...

This is what i want.

Thank you for your help in advance!

See less See more
#7 ·
Thank you so much, Ventmore. i hope it's not the case but i guess someone already thought about doing it.
Technically you'll be able to wrap them without taking those trims off, but usually you'll get better result with the parts taken off and wrap them separately.
That thread is even suggesting painting but i think it will be extremely difficult without taking them off. Hard to picture masking all interior parts except those knee pad trim.

#9 ·
Thank you so much, Ventmore. i hope it's not the case but i guess someone already thought about doing it.
Technically you'll be able to wrap them without taking those trims off, but usually you'll get better result with the parts taken off and wrap them separately.
That thread is even suggesting painting but i think it will be extremely difficult without taking them off. Hard to picture masking all interior parts except those knee pad trim.
So.. i found this picture on the net.
And i don't think i need to completely remove the entire dash to remove those knee pad trims(?).

I'm going to order some faux leather wrap material.
it's going to be my next weekend project. i'll keep updating once i have the material and time to execute it.

#14 ·
So.. i found this picture on the net.
And i don't think i need to completely remove the entire dash to remove those knee pad trims(?).

View attachment 73006

I'm going to order some faux leather wrap material.
it's going to be my next weekend project. i'll keep updating once i have the material and time to execute it.
Hey did you end up doing anything to the dash/arm rest?

#11 ·
Wow, you have them all! are you planning on selling them? (probably you want to sell them as a whole piece tho, right?)
Do you think that knee pad trim can be taken out from the dash assembly easily?
And do you see the plastic rivets for the armrest parts from the behind?
Thank you for your feedback!

#12 ·
Willing to sell. Shipping is not an option, I live in Europe and you live in the states... would be a very expensive thing I think. There are no rivets on the Bach off the armrest, the plastic that came thru the back of the pabel is melted to secure the armrest...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.