Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals :)

New member here, and hopefully tomorrow the proud fiancee of the owner of a MINI Cooper S :)

Since the car will be driven mostly by my girl, we agreed that in exchange for all the options we added for me - the bigger engine, adaptive dampers, shift paddles, sport mode :), I get to make the interior less dull for her.

She hates the all-black interior with black and gray JCW seats, and since the car will be "vulcanic orange", I thought of some colour accents for her. Has anyone used dashboard covers, like these? outmotoring.com/dash-panel-covers-gen3-paul-smith.html ...Or some other form of interior dash modding?

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey guys and gals :)

New member here, and hopefully tomorrow the proud fiancee of the owner of a MINI Cooper S :)

Since the car will be driven mostly by my girl, we agreed that in exchange for all the options we added for me - the bigger engine, adaptive dampers, shift paddles, sport mode :), I get to make the interior less dull for her.

She hates the all-black interior with black and gray JCW seats, and since the car will be "vulcanic orange", I thought of some colour accents for her. Has anyone used dashboard covers, like these? outmotoring.com/dash-panel-covers-gen3-paul-smith.html ...Or some other form of interior dash modding?

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated :)

Can you provide a full weblink for those of us using a mobile. Looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have you thought about doing a wrap on the interior? You can get any color you want maybe bring a little orange into the interior. I am not a big fan of overlays since the inside of the car gets pretty hot in the summer and the sticky tape might start to peel.

This are all colors available from the 3M 1080 Series

when you look at this pic you can see (hidden compartment on the right ) that the overlay really does not fit so well and stick out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have already thought about wrapping...but seemed easier to use overlays instead of dismantling the dashboard to get it wrapped properly :)

I was a little worried the overlays might not fit as well as I would have wanted...that's why I asked fellow owners if anyone had any experience with them...seems they haven't :))

For the life of me, I can't see the area you point to in the picture, where the overlays don't quite fit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.