Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I want to deactivate my DSC as it really seems to open up the Non S Mini so much with it off.

Which fuse is for DSC, and will it cause any bigger issues with the car if I pull it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hey all,

I want to deactivate my DSC as it really seems to open up the Non S Mini so much with it off.

Which fuse is for DSC, and will it cause any bigger issues with the car if I pull it?

Thanks!
I don't think the DSC has a specific fuse, but either way, I wouldn't disable it. For one, the car will throw constant codes. Also, the DSC is responsible for other safety systems too like the tire pressure monitoring, brake force distribution, ABS, brake drying, engine torque control, etc. It is a vital system and should not ever be completely disabled.

You can turn off the stability control specifically by toggling the DSC off switch to turn on DTC or turn that off too and still have EDLC as the backup.

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the DSC has a specific fuse, but either way, I wouldn't disable it. For one, the car will throw constant codes. Also, the DSC is responsible for other safety systems too like the tire pressure monitoring, brake force distribution, ABS, brake drying, engine torque control, etc. It is a vital system and should not ever be completely disabled.

You can turn off the stability control specifically by toggling the DSC off switch to turn on DTC or turn that off too and still have EDLC as the backup.
Excellent! Thanks for the response. I looked in the fusebox today and there is no dedicated DSC fuse, so I figured as much. Thank you for the information!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts