Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so im pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 2014 cooper s. I spoke with the dealer and they made it sound like they are not budging onff MSRP on these cars. I have never actually bought a new car but I have bought a new motorcycle and its just odd to me to hear that they are non negotiable on the cars.

Can anyone share there experience on this? Did you get money off MSRP?

If I were to pay full price on a car I might just wait for the 2015s to get here in october... Or order my own and make it exactly as I want it..

Anyways thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dealing with Mini dealerships over the past couple years. . Seems like they have an agreement / silent code of agreement to stick very close to the MSRP. I was able to get $500 off a new order . . . And that was it.

Only two dealerships in the state of Michigan . . . It's about the intentional lack supply (dealerships) and a unique car / brand. Kind of a take it or leave it approach. Not much competition as compared to the other brands that have many more dealerships/ closer together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I understand theres not much off MSRP they will do, hopefully they will work something out on dealer add ons, dealer fees, taxes, etc... I just dont want to go in and pay full MSRP, all dealer add ons, full dealer fee, etc...

If im paying full MSRP it might be a bad idea to buy this early, maybe wait and buy a new 2015 or an old stock 2014 when the 15s are out

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Danger Dan, where abouts are you? They usually give a little on showroom stock, but not when you're ordering from factory. Some dealers would reduce the price on delivery

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just dont want to go in and pay full MSRP, all dealer add ons, full dealer fee, etc...
I just ordered my MCS (from the only MINI dealer in Oregon) for full MSRP. They wouldn't budge. That said, they waived the dealer fee when I asked (I can live without paying close to $400 for my car to be waxed twice). I didn't ask for my dealer, but a dealer in Seattle quoted me for 15% off any dealer accessories with car purchase, so ask about something like that if you're interested in dealer add ons. Also if you happen to be a new college graduate, MINI will give you $500 off your purchase price if you finance with them (2.99% right now I think). Sorry if none of that is helpful, but that's what I've learned from recently navigating those waters.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm going to be ordering mine pretty soon, and had the same question. If you're in the US there are sites such as Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds that will give you what a fair price for the car is. There is also Truecar.com and many dealers will honor that price. Right now I'm looking at saving $1,294. The dealer had quoted me $25,216 and truecar is giving me $23,922. The dealer has promised to honor the truecar price.

The only issue I see is that true car is giving me the price for a 2014 model and the base price for 2015 models has gone up $500.

Even if the dealer adds the $500, it will still be $794 off dealer quoted price. I did read on Kelly Blue Book site that the negotiability for MINI cars is only 1.5 on a scale of 5. It's because of demand. I was in the dealer last week and cars were selling like hot cakes. They had a 0.9% financing deal on all models except the hardtop (the one I want of course).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I always make my offer in writing to the dealer then it's up to dealer to say yes or no or make an offer in writing. It's the right of the dealer to change what ever price they like but if the dealer says the price is fixed by Mini USA then this is illegal and it is called price fixing which comes with huge Government fines.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I managed a small discount on a floor model. But the margins are tight for dealerships in Canada and supply is very limited. Perhaps a better deal can be had with a trade in, it's a profit center for some dealers. But with high demand and low supply, it's unlikely any significant discount can be had. I would recommend trying to knock a few bucks off of things that the dealer might add, tinting, striping etc, there's room for some movement on these higher profit items. Waiting for a 2015 may not amount to much of a saving as the MSRP on newer models is already higher.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up a floor model 2014 MCS hatchback on 8/28 at Mini San Francisco. Managed to get 800 off MSRP (which in my estimation is horrible considering I got my last 2 BMWs at $500 above invoice). Love to hear if anyone manage to get better than 1K under MSRP.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just ordered a 2015 Hardtop and got $1,023 off MSRP from East Bay MINI, Pleasanton, CA. Think that's a decent price considering it's a 2015 and price increases.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I built my mini on the mini website but didn't want to wait 2-3 months, my dealer had the same car on there show room floor but with loads of packs added i got £1300 off and had the car within 7 days :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would have loved to buy one off the lot, but they didn't have what I wanted. I was not willing to budge on the color, specifications etc. So now, the long wait!

I know I would have gotten a better deal on a 2014 model as the dealer I went to first kept pushing me to buy from their inventory.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts