Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had some issues with my JCW when I took it new on delivery. Obviously asked for them to be sorted and had a bit of compensation from Mini for the issues caused. I was nothing but polite to the sales exec as I knew it wasn't his fault directly.

Today I emailed to say things weren't perfect etc, and I'd drop it in at some point. But that I rated them highly on the sales questionnaire as I believed that their customer service was good.

Not longer after I get a copy of my email forwarded to me with the text 'Seems a happy midget'. Obviously a mistake to send it to me. Now, I know I'm not that tall at 5ft6, but far from a midget and saw this as a complete and personal insult about a customer, who effectively pays their wages.

He claims, they call all their customers midgets- I can't believe that it true? Has anyone heard of this? Not sure what to do next, as find it completely unacceptable and to be honest don't want to see him again.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Once I asked the technical director for a copy of my PUMA case. He said: "l'm afraid I am not at liberty to do that". When I asked him why, since it involves my car, he said "...well, internal communication is not very polite when it comes to customers, you know ho it is. Technicians call you names, and I can't expose the company..." So they might call us a lot more than just midgets!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
HA! I'd keep that one in my back pocket and let the term "midget" out in the dealer's presence at the appropriate time (if that occurs, and hope it doesn't). But, when something happens where you are complimented or some such words, just say "Not too bad for a midget eh?" :D But, probably best to not lower yourself to their level right?

Of course owners slam dealers all the time, so hey...not defending the dealer but just chalk it up to human nature and let it go!

Reactions: pjsjr13 and bjblyth

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sounds like the dealer made a big enough fool of themselves with the accidental forwarding. I'd just back-pocket the mistake for the next time you need something done at the dealer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
When I had early problems with my Mini I was very unhappy and let my local dealer know, especially with the shoddy service I received. A friend of mine worked for another dealer at the time and told me they'd have me flagged on their list as a screamer. So I'd imagine a lot of dealers use internal names for the customers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats for the comments. Its really annoyed me, that I as a customer effectively pay his wages and he can be so disrespectful. I decided I don't want to support a company that treats customers in such a manner and as such the car is being collected on friday for a full refund and I'll take my business elsewhere..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thats for the comments. Its really annoyed me, that I as a customer effectively pay his wages and he can be so disrespectful. I decided I don't want to support a company that treats customers in such a manner and as such the car is being collected on friday for a full refund and I'll take my business elsewhere..
Good on you i had issues when i got my last car. Dealer didnt do much at first but after an email to MINI UK and BMW AG things moved very swiftly i got compensated for the incovience and the salesperson was fired for incompentance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bit harsh really in my opinion.
You've have probably cost some poor guy his job. I'm sure you will have called someone something that could be conceived as insulting for the sake of a cheap laugh. You are going to go to the haslte or returning the car and having to go through the whole process of finding/ordering a new one, just because of him saying midget.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think M666lov has already been having problems with his JCW Jack ... he's not merely throwing his toys out of the pram for the sake of it......

What are you thinking for a replacement M666lov?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Holy Cow! that's a bit dramatic!

BTW, I asked my dealer and he said "Yeah, Midgets, Miniaks, all sorts". This fits with another "major chain" who refer to their "premium custmers" as RB's (Rich B*****ds)

I'm a realist, and frankly you could have cost a guy his job before Christmas, or at the very least got him an HR warning for a simple mistake. Good work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sorry, but I think it is completely disrespectful to talk about a customer in that manner. The fact the email was intended for his manager also suggests that this kind of discussion is acceptable within that dealership. I am very strict on my team, that the customer pays our wages and not to say anything in emails or verbally thats negative and you wouldn't wish them to hear directly.

I would of found it very awkward to go back into that dealership and have to see said salesperson. If he lost his job, then he only has himself to blame in my opinion. Its very awkward that its before christmas, but that shouldn't affect my opinion. I am a very forgiving and laid back person- but this just really got to me. On top of the issues I'd had with the car (still not resolved) enough was enough and put it down to a bad experience.

In terms of next car, I'm going to stick with my TT for now and see what the new year brings....

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know what you mean. That's the only grip I have with mini so far. The poor service I received at my local dealer/service garage leading to complaining and a general bitter taste left. Means I don't want to go back there and makes it all very awkward if I have to

·
Registered
375 Posts
For some this may seem a bit drastic but I understand. I recently tried to gather by email information on a JCW exhaust at various dealerships in the area and was surpised by the replies I received containing a complete internal conversation where I was called several names that are at the lease very inappropiate to share with the customer. This shows total incompetence of the MINI staff going from sales reps to managers! So yes, I can understand M666lov's reaction.

I forwarded some of the messages to BMW AG customer service in Germany and they told me that they would contact these specific dealerships. I'm a paying customer for God's sake and want to be treated with some respect. Talk behind my back all tou want but have the professionality not to share this information with me.

Brussels MINI store East was even worse and I got the whole internal mail converstaion between a male and female sales rep complete with smiley's and kisses....bet the two of them share more than just information.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
For some this may seem a bit drastic but I understand. I recently tried to gather by email information on a JCW exhaust at various dealerships in the area and was surpised by the replies I received containing a complete internal conversation where I was called several names that are at the lease very inappropiate to share with the customer. This shows total incompetence of the MINI staff going from sales reps to managers! So yes, I can understand M666lov's reaction.

I forwarded some of the messages to BMW AG customer service in Germany and they told me that they would contact these specific dealerships. I'm a paying customer for God's sake and want to be treated with some respect. Talk behind my back all tou want but have the professionality not to share this information with me.

Brussels MINI store East was even worse and I got the whole internal mail converstaion between a male and female sales rep complete with smiley's and kisses....bet the two of them share more than just information.
What div would forward that email trail on to the customer!!??? They really aren't the brightest sparks are they? Beggars belief. MINI need to sort this out, at the end of the day it's us that keeps them in jobs and the brand in business. Awful.

I hope my dealership don't think of me in this way ....after every problem I've encountered, I've done my upmost to be courteous and understanding. But there have been a few comments that's started "I know it's not your fault but......"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.