Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking up my thunder grey with black cosmos wheels on Wednesday.. that said I'll be wanting to blackout all the chrome and add some stripes.

I have decided that I want stripes on the hood and on the boot... and I've decided that I really like the f56 JCW stripe design... so I'm copying it ;D... however I am a bit stuck on the colour still.. it would be amazing to make up my mind before getting the car.. and just pick it up with all the correct colours I want on it.. but that may be too difficult and I might end up having to pick it up and have a real good look at it and decide then.

Naturally, I had to mock something up to get a good visual.. all these options are a possibility.. I think the black stripes with black accents would be the "safest"... however, being a graphic designer, something tells me I should make more of a "pop"...

What do you guys think? A, B, C, D or E? Or heck... maybe you hate all of them!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm partial to C. I'd make sure the red matches the red in the S on the grill. I like the direction, I have been thinking of something similar.

Oost

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like "C" because of the red accents.
I like "B" because white is perfect on grey.
My thoughts are to make an "F" option. That would consist of "B" with red accents. It could look fantastic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So many different answers.. this is why it's so difficult.. but keep them coming! I wish I knew how to make a Poll to make it easier ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think i'd go for option E (the red stripes). While your at it why not add the JCW roof, mirror caps, side scuttles etc... to it too?

Kinda wish I put the red stripes on mine now :)...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a Thunder grey Cooper S with the Black bonnet stripes.

The main thing I line about my stripes is the white line edging which breaks the black up from the Grey and adds a bit of contrast.
Perhaps add some sort of edging to the outer edges of the black stripes?
Just think they may need "lifting" from the grey a bit.
Having said that I quite like "C" but I think you need a pin stripe or two in there somewhere

Pic of my car to show what I mean (although its all a personal choice of course)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a Thunder grey Cooper S with the Black bonnet stripes.

The main thing I line about my stripes is the white line edging which breaks the black up from the Grey and adds a bit of contrast.
Perhaps add some sort of edging to the outer edges of the black stripes?
Just think they may need "lifting" from the grey a bit.
Having said that I quite like "C" but I think you need a pin stripe or two in there somewhere

Pic of my car to show what I mean (although its all a personal choice of course)

I think you're right about the stripes.. I really like the original OEM stripes but it's not different enough for a designer haha... I have also been thinking about the pin stripe on the sides though... but may be too much with the style I'm going for (2 thin stripes 2 thick ones)... I'm very torn!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

I am having similar issues deciding which decals i'd like for my MCSD which is currently on order. I like the JCW design as well, but keep looking at other ideas.

The car will be pepper white.

Any ideas ?

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
A then C and the new design is nice too; all look great to me !

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm a fan of C myself.

I keep thinking the side of the VO needs... something, but nothing my feeble brain can come up with seems to look right, especially with the diagonal hood stripes

·
Registered
102 Posts
Great thread. I just picked up a Thunder Grey this weekend and it has no stripes on it. It looks a bit bare!

I have a red roof and mirror caps and other red bits of external trim though and I couldn't decide whether red stripes would be red overkill! Your pics have helped a lot although I still don't know what to go for! I was thinking black to match my wheels maybe rather than overload the red.

Yours looks great, have you any pics of the boot decals or did you not bother with those?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great thread. I just picked up a Thunder Grey this weekend and it has no stripes on it. It looks a bit bare!

I have a red roof and mirror caps and other red bits of external trim though and I couldn't decide whether red stripes would be red overkill! Your pics have helped a lot although I still don't know what to go for! I was thinking black to match my wheels maybe rather than overload the red.

Yours looks great, have you any pics of the boot decals or did you not bother with those?
I think option C from his list will be a good match for your red roof and black wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts