Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

Registered
Love the Cockerpoo which we nearly got but went for this cute dirt magnet below and as long as He likes the new Car not to worried about the Hubby 馃槈馃槀 and yes totally agree the first thing we specified was the guardX 馃憤

Have decided to follow advise and go without Stripes with the option of adding at a later date thanks. Oh and not sure He would stay in the little box part of the picture you kindly put up but like the idea of hooking over the headrest on back seat rather than just using Towls.

View attachment 75319
Same dog as me, but mine doesn't have curtains.

As for stripes - usually 100% yes
As someone pointed out, few cars let you get away with them these days - not unless you're driving an Italian supercar or American muscle car.

but...

I'm not sure your colour suits the stripes as well as some of the other colours.
White with black stripes or black with white stripes... all the others are a no for me. (just my view) :)
I think it might be the pin stripes...

Super Moderator
Our Staffy simply sits on the front seat-most put out otherwise-so any human passenger had to get in the back and that's it-no discussion!

Reactions: Sue2you

Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
Our pups love the back seat of my F57! I use a fabric cover for the bottom cushions and have little issues with hair. If you do get a seat cover, make sure it's cotton or another textured material. I originally had a vinyl cover that hung from the headrests, but it was too slick for the dogs to get traction鈥攖hey tumbled in turns.

Does either of your seating surface options include alcantara? To me, this material does not appear to wear well. In the used cars I viewed before buying my convertible, the alcantara looked faded, dirty and worn despite the cars only being a few years old.

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Registered
Our pups love the back seat of my F57! I use a fabric cover for the bottom cushions and have little issues with hair. If you do get a seat cover, make sure it's cotton or another textured material. I originally had a vinyl cover that hung from the headrests, but it was too slick for the dogs to get traction鈥攖hey tumbled in turns.

Does either of your seating surface options include alcantara? To me, this material does not appear to wear well. In the used cars I viewed before buying my convertible, the alcantara looked faded, dirty and worn despite the cars only being a few years old.

View attachment 75325
Alcantara wears fine, BUT needs to be maintained like anything else. Have had alcantara on a few cars, and no issues also having the advantage of not developing creases like leather. Using a proper protectant is always a good shout

This was my Q5 which was leather and alcantara, and 18 months old here

Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
These are the seats I saw in various cars. I think they are covered in cross-punch carbon black leather with alcantara side trim. In each car, there was a lot of wear on the seat bottom and side bolster areas, and they were "furry" at the outer edges. I believe the wear also made the covers look dirty.

I was just on the new configurator to get the name of the upholstery, and it appears the new version of cross punch leather has leather or leatherette side bolsters, negating the issue.

Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle Product

Registered
The white stripes look great with that shade of blue and the white top. Go with it. As for seating, go with leather. I have it in my 2019 Countryman S and it wears very well and is not really that hot in the summer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Our Staffy simply sits on the front seat
Same dog as me, but mine doesn't have curtains.

As for stripes - usually 100% yes
As someone pointed out, few cars let you get away with them these days - not unless you're driving an Italian supercar or American muscle car.

but...

I'm not sure your colour suits the stripes as well as some of the other colours.
White with black stripes or black with white stripes... all the others are a no for me. (just my view) :)
I think it might be the pin stripes...
Thanks for that 馃檪 interestingly I noticed that on a lot of the new Mini Promo shots they are using the Island Blue with White roof and stripes.

Originally I was going for the White Stripes but after seeing the Sun glinting on a Metalic Island Blue Cooper bonnet outside a Showroom it looked stunning as is, and as already said can add the stripes at a later date 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

View attachment 75325
So cute they look at home there 馃槀 Yes it will be Alcantara but getting the Protect x treatment and cosy covers of some sort for back seating 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
We've changed the spec and colour of ours three times now and it hasn't made any difference to the build date.
Yup same here, 3 weeks ago changed from a fully loaded F56 Classic to the Sport with Pan roof, Nav and Comfort + packs and still showing as December delivery. That said my dealer has told me He is getting a factory update on Monday so fingers crossed 馃槈

Registered
Yup same here, 3 weeks ago changed from a fully loaded F56 Classic to the Sport with Pan roof, Nav and Comfort + packs and still showing as December delivery. That said my dealer has told me He is getting a factory update on Monday so fingers crossed 馃槈
When did you order yours again? I ordered mine 13th sept, had a weekly update yesturday saying it鈥檚 still on track for a December delivery! I鈥檝e got my fingers crossed

Registered
Yup same here, 3 weeks ago changed from a fully loaded F56 Classic to the Sport with Pan roof, Nav and Comfort + packs and still showing as December delivery. That said my dealer has told me He is getting a factory update on Monday so fingers crossed
Have you tried chatting to Mini Genius (Mini home page and the chat option) to get a current status as opposed to waiting for dealer to get one? I used that to track progress of mine鈥ollection Saturday.

All you need is AG order number or VIN if you have (only get VIN when build scheduled)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Must admit have relied on my Dealer who has been great for updates so far, most helpful dealing with our changes from our original order of the Classic back in first week in August.

I did if fact received an email today stating that the good news is that our order is still showing as December however He is 鈥渆xpecting a major update from the factory at the end of the week鈥 so He will know more and get back to us on Monday. Will ask about the VIN then thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
When did you order yours again? I ordered mine 13th sept, had a weekly update yesturday saying it鈥檚 still on track for a December delivery! I鈥檝e got my fingers crossed
You and me both 馃檪 ordered beginning of August but changed my trim to Sport three weeks ago.

Registered
Must admit have relied on my Dealer who has been great for updates so far, most helpful dealing with our changes from our original order of the Classic back in first week in August.

I did if fact received an email today stating that the good news is that our order is still showing as December however He is 鈥渆xpecting a major update from the factory at the end of the week鈥 so He will know more and get back to us on Monday. Will ask about the VIN then thanks.
Fair enough, I tended to find out latest before dealer as updates are there and then. The emails etc are from dealers and not Mini. I was just too impatient to rely on update from dealer sporadically or wanting to hassle them

Registered
That is quite a fundamental change to be fair.
It's only a few cogs :ROFLMAO:

Fair enough, I tended to find out latest before dealer as updates are there and then. The emails etc are from dealers and not Mini. I was just too impatient to rely on update from dealer sporadically or wanting to hassle them
Mine didn't say anything for over 2 months until I copied him in on an email to mini customer service moaning about how long things were taking. Neither party came back with much of an answer, just supply issues etc

Registered
It's only a few cogs :ROFLMAO:

Mine didn't say anything for over 2 months until I copied him in on an email to mini customer service moaning about how long things were taking. Neither party came back with much of an answer, just supply issues etc
Haha, too true, only a few cogs

Have you done the Mini Genius chat?

Registered
Haha, too true, only a few cogs

Have you done the Mini Genius chat?
I'm trying to limit myself to genius chat once a week! I think I've spoken to just about all of them that work there now. It was the genius that said I should email customer service so point out my frustration with the delays, he gave me the email and said Mini would probably offer me something due to the delays. They didn't :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I'm trying to limit myself to genius chat once a week! I think I've spoken to just about all of them that work there now. It was the genius that said I should email customer service so point out my frustration with the delays, he gave me the email and said Mini would probably offer me something due to the delays. They didn't :ROFLMAO:
Nice try 馃槈 Must admit have not spoken to genius as yet, may give it a try next week depending on what my dealer comes back with.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts