Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm looking for some ideas for what to do with my chrome handles and fuel cap.

I have had the rest of the car dechromed and can't decide if I should just go for gloss black which is the easy option.

Looking for any ideas or examples of what people have done with their handles and fuel cap.

I'll post some new pics as the car looks difference since my last post showing the stripe kit.

Sorry for the dirty car pics.

Let me know what you think! Thanks guys.

Darrel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dechrome Grill

How did you dechrome the grill trim? I have all but that completed on my JCW. Trying to figure out the best way to get that done. Thanks and car looks great!

For my cap I did a vinyl wrap because I wanted to learn how to do that and the cap seemed like a relatively easy enough shape. The handles I did a cover in gloss black and I am happy with how they came out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Dechrome grid frame wrapped (without removing the grid):

·
Registered
587 Posts
Simple wrap film. Made by an expert in the field. Glossy black that incorporates the color of the central bumper.

Reactions: jchaperon

·
Registered
587 Posts
Cars looking good

I'm in the middle of De-chroming my mini and am looking at getting a pair of these Black Door Handles

http://newministuff.com/door-handles---black-3rd-gen-1440-p.asp

I've heard that you could also wrap the handles, but for me the replacements look a better option.
Clarify the delivery times well ... In the past I have had huge problems with this supplier.
Read the history: my upgrade #2

http://www.minif56.com/forum/817-mini-jcw-f56-forum/66905-wwleone-f56-mini-jcw-project.html

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you have the name of the supplier? I'm keen to do this to my MCS. I like chrome, but I'd rather black it out.
No, I'm sorry, I do not know the name of the producer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I recently de chromed my Mini. These are little plastics bits that go over the trim in the car. They’re held in place by double sided tape. It’s pretty secure.

these parts are from a store on aliexpress: “Mini Cooper car woman store”. Pretty happy with the results. They were nice enough to pack the parts all together so I saved a lot on shipping. Talk to them before you place your order through the aliexpress app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.