Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Petrol cap and door handles to go with the light rings. I think that will do as I don't want to go too gangster ;)

I got them both off ebay from a Chinese supplier, good finish and a quick fit.

Cheers
First off the car looks fantastic midnightf56! I love the matte graffics with the touch of red!

I too have gone the dechroming route. I sourced the gas cap cover, door handle covers, trim rings, beltline blackout kit and S stickers from outmotoring.com, the sidemarker lights from mini.sewell.com. I am just waiting for the beltline kit to arrive.

I used a freight forwarder and had everything sent to me here in Qatar.

Then I will have to track down a decent vinyl place here in Qatar to cover up the front chrome ring on the grill then I am done.

Although not chrome, I am planning remove the rear wiper too for a cleaner look. 5 days of rain a year means I don't really need a rear wiper :)

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
First off the car looks fantastic midnightf56! I love the matte graffics with the touch of red!

I too have gone the dechroming route. I sourced the gas cap cover, door handle covers, trim rings, beltline blackout kit and S stickers from outmotoring.com, the sidemarker lights from mini.sewell.com. I am just waiting for the beltline kit to arrive...

Although not chrome, I am planning remove the rear wiper too for a cleaner look. 5 days of rain a year means I don't really need a rear wiper :)
Showoff! ;-)

Do you have any pictures of the whole car from the front? I'm interested in how the black headlight surrounds look as a whole against the red.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where can I purchase these blackened surrounds for the front and rear rights? And the boot lip? I am in the UK

Many thanks!!! :D
Well Midnight Black, looks to me outmotoring.com will ship to you in the UK, I don't have any experience with sources in Europe. Outmotoring.com had great customer service, they answered my questions promptly, and when there was a small snafu with my order, they shipped me the missing part right away. A real pleasure to deal with them.

From the home page of http://www.outmotoring.com/

Buy with Confidence:

Before making a purchase, we invite you to read our reviews and our customer bill of rights. We ship WORLDWIDE and accept PayPal Bill Me Later, all major credit cards, and money orders/cashier checks as methods of payment. We also offer free ground shipping on most orders over $195.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Showoff! ;-)

Do you have any pictures of the whole car from the front? I'm interested in how the black headlight surrounds look as a whole against the red.

Cheers
How are these?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Where can I purchase these blackened surrounds for the front and rear rights? And the boot lip? I am in the UK

Many thanks!!! :D
MINI sells the black headlight and taillight rings, so may also be able to get them from your dealer. Here are the part numbers. They'll fit any F56 or F55:

51712285496 Black Line Taillights

51712355798 Black Line Headlights

The boot lids on the Cooper S are black standard aren't they? You could always get the Cooper S boot lid part. I don't have the part # for that though...

·
Registered
20 Posts
MINI sells the black headlight and taillight rings, so may also be able to get them from your dealer. Here are the part numbers. They'll fit any F56 or F55:

51712285496 Black Line Taillights

51712355798 Black Line Headlights

The boot lids on the Cooper S are black standard aren't they? You could always get the Cooper S boot lid part. I don't have the part # for that though...
For the boot lid, there is a variety of part numbers, see here:

http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/selectCar/F56/HC/BMW+Cooper+S+B48/ECE/41/41_2290/

The piece you are looking for is part #1 , but depending if you bought the car in Japan, have reversing camera your part number will vary. I strongly recommend confirming with your dealer on the exact part number your car needs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I too have gone the dechroming route. I sourced the gas cap cover, door handle covers, trim rings, beltline blackout kit and S stickers from outmotoring.com, the sidemarker lights from mini.sewell.com. I am just waiting for the beltline kit to arrive.

I used a freight forwarder and had everything sent to me here in Qatar.

Then I will have to track down a decent vinyl place here in Qatar to cover up the front chrome ring on the grill then I am done.

Hey, glad you like. Quite a few people have asked for the dimensions as they have copied the design, which is fine by me :) I've had the stripes on for nearly a year now so I might remove the red pinstripe in the future and just have the matte black. Your chilli red S really suits the de-chrome look, please post up some pics when you get the belt line done.

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Blacked out my grille (the inner, not the surround) using 3m vinyl. Will change to a black gloss from a mini one in the summer.

Gonna try and do the rear handle in the next few days

Not sure if I want to do any more - personally, I think a little chrome makes it more mini like (on a cooper body at least)
Maybe the belt line could go perhaps ;0)

Also thinking of adding some clear matte stripes and maybe some clear matte 37s on the doors - but again, I prefer a cleaner look.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.