Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Awesome! I am so gutted about the steering wheel now - can I retro fit?!!!
Milo-are you the same Milo on the 'I Want My Cooper' FB group?

That Milo is waiting until Sept for delivery-if you, then you are well in time to make changes (I made one today, delivery for me also Sept). Ring them and ask.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Milo-are you the same Milo on the 'I Want My Cooper' FB group?

That Milo is waiting until Sept for delivery-if you, then you are well in time to make changes (I made one today, delivery for me also Sept). Ring them and ask.
I am! However they've brought it forward to week commencing July 21st so I can't change the order!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Whhhhhat!? Thats great news re the bringing forward! How did that happen???

In answer to your original question, I don't know if it can or can't be retrofitted. What steering wheel do you have?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! I am so gutted about the steering wheel now - can I retro fit?!!!
Milo - when I ordered my car in March, my dealer didn't even have a photo of the JCW steering wheel - I sat in the showroom and Googled one up on my iPad!

As soon as I saw it, there was no other option for me - and only £50 with CHILI (but stupendously expensive at over £400 without CHILI !!!!!)

Have you challenged your dealer to get this change made? They can get some late changes through, but it takes work & effort.... a steering wheel is hardly a complex change!

Try....

·
Registered
471 Posts
Whhhhhat!? Thats great news re the bringing forward! How did that happen???

In answer to your original question, I don't know if it can or can't be retrofitted. What steering wheel do you have?
Not quite sure, it was due middle early August so I said I'd wait for new plate but then they came back and said July so didn't want to wait!

I have the sport steering wheel I think (Chilli pack)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I wouldn't have thought changing the steering wheel would have any effect on the date.

Unlike the R56 the steering wheel is not attached already when the dash goes in......it's added afterwards, so it's not exactly a major change!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Love the steering wheel - I reckon that's the best 50 spent :D

Milo

You can retro fit it but I wouldn't - it wouldn't be worth it - you'd be paying over the odds!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Love the steering wheel - I reckon that's the best 50 spent :D

Milo

You can retro fit it but I wouldn't - it wouldn't be worth it - you'd be paying over the odds!
I think I'll be more than happy with my car just a momentary lapse when someone comes online and shows off their pride and joy!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts