Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Was detailing the SO's car the other day and the moon roof and sunroof had a grime that would not budge no matter how much I worked at it. I was curious if goo gone is safe to use on just the windows.

My plan is to wash and dry the car, rub goo gone on the windows until the grime comes up, wipe the windows down with stoners invisible glass, and finish off with RainX.

Advice regarding the use of Goo Gone on the windows? I can't seem to find any supporting info online.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It should be fine on the outside, I wouldn't use it on the interior if your windows are tinted.
My girlfriend used goo gone to remove residue that was left over from a sticker on her rear window. It did leave a film but that was easily removed with some rubbing alcohol or surgical spirits and a cloth. Stoners didn't seem to cut through the goo gone film.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clay should do the trick shouldn't it??
I tried that. I used Chemical Guys fine clay bar, the stuff they said was for windows, and that just didn't seem to do the trick.

Ill give it a shot and report back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.