Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a Cooper S F55 which I don't have yet but it is a few days away. I have recently read about the headlights in some Minis being dim if you stick with the default lights compared to the upgraded LED lights.

To be honest, I never thought about this when I ordered my car. The lamps in my old R50 were nothing special but I certainly didn't hate them or wish I had a new car because of the lights. So headlamps never crossed my mind when ordering.

Since I did not upgrade the headlamps in my new Mini when i ordered it, I was wondering if somebody could help me out with a few things.

1) What are the default headlamps installed in a Cooper S? I think I read somewhere that by default it has LED daytime running lights but what about the primary headlamps for night driving.

2) If I don't like the way the lights are, am I able to upgrade them after market, or would I have to order a brand new car with the factory installed LED headlamps?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you've had Xenons before then you will fine the bulbs pretty poor if you've not had them then get Osram nighbreakers or similar as already said. Failing all this get some spotlamps fitted, they only come on with main beam but will certainly improve your view..
The spotlamps are those little lights that usually clip onto the grill, right? If they would be wired to turn on and off with the regular headlights it might be a good feature if my current lights aren't bright enough for my liking.

I've been driving an R50 with whatever the cheapest default headlights are, so I probably shouldn't be too upset with my new car since I'm used to those right? Unless they used to include better headlights by default in 2006.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.