Mini Cooper Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
@Fivetones I like the yellow calipers!
I'm currently in the same predicament. Trawling the internet for definitive answers on what fits and what doesn't!!

Today I spent some time taking some measurements of the Big JCW calipers. I intend to send the measurements to a wheel manufacturer to ask if a particular rim I have my eyes on, will clear. I thought the measurements might be useful for this thread.
I found that the caliper surface where the John Cooper Works Logo is, was perfectly perpendicular to the brake disc. Ideal for measuring.
Before anyone asks.... that piece of PSE Timber is plumb straight!!
View attachment 78131 View attachment 78132
Great work @Baz550, very useful info, thank you for the efforts 馃憤

Registered
Great thread, glad you started it and thanks @jk84 for the link.
I've been eyeing the the OZ HyperGT for when my JCW arrives, just haven't found out if the 17" are a direct, no spacers needed fit.
(I admittedly haven't read up enough yet on what specs are a direct swap.)

Registered
OZ will tell you that the Leggera and the Superturismo are the only two that fit over the brakes but I鈥檓 not convinced. I think other OZ do too.
That's odd...when I use their "Find Your Car," feature and choose the JCW on their site, it only shows the Ultraleggera, HyperGT and the Rally wheel as matches. I guess I'll just e-mail 'em.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
There鈥檚 apparently two Cross Spoke (style 506) models. One fits over the JCW brakes and one doesn鈥檛 (great, I hear you cry!).

I think the one with the part number 36112349696 (the one in the brochure above) fits and the 36116858705 doesn鈥檛. However, ECS says the 36112349696 doesn鈥檛 (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...and-tire-set-rdci-black-machined/36112349696/).

Edit: these are the JCW specific wheels:

Part number for JCW is: 36116855102

Premium Member
There鈥檚 apparently two Cross Spoke (style 506) models. One fits over the JCW brakes and one doesn鈥檛 (great, I hear you cry!).

I think the one with the part number 36112349696 (the one in the brochure above) fits and the 36116858705 doesn鈥檛. However, ECS says the 36112349696 doesn鈥檛 (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...and-tire-set-rdci-black-machined/36112349696/).

Edit: these are the JCW specific wheels:

Part number for JCW is: 36116855102
Yep, was going to say that the 鈥102s are needed to clear the breaks. Available in UK on the below 馃憤 Looovely wheels!

Premium Member
Very useful thread on NA Motoring forum:

Registered
@Kane90 would be interested to see how much these poke (by my reckoning they will so I wouldn鈥檛 do this but we all have our different views on this - this is the fitment Lohen would point you to).
I will be doing a dry fit first to check for this. The et48 with a 10mm spacer sat almost inline with the wheel arches, looked quite good (in my opinion). will post what i find when the new ones turn up.

Registered
Of course, will depend on how low you are as to whether the fitment works for you too.
Running standard factory height at present, looking to fit coilovers in the future. Would not be be looking for a huge drop on them anyway maybe 10-20mm.
Had plenty of lowered cars in the past and now prefer daily usability of a car, must be getting old 馃槃.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts