Mini Cooper Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 JCW Hatch Manual Rebel Green
193 Posts
@Fivetones would you have few more pictures of the rear end from different angles? I can’t decide on wheels so I’m going to do what you’ve done, put spacers on. I’m thinking of 12mm Lohen ones. I want to get rid of the recessed wheel look, especially the rear one. I can see on the above photo yours fill in the wheel arches nicely! Just wanted to see few more angles to help decide if I should go with 15mm on the rear as you did and if it’s worth to put 215s on. Did you keep the 205 tyres or went any wider? I think based on the below one can push it as far as 225 with the 7J. I probably wouldn’t want to do that though.
Font Material property Number Screenshot

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The wheels you see in the pic (the Style 501 Track Spokes) have 205/45 Michelin Alpin (as a winter tyre they might come up slightly wider for a 205). I have some Style 534 18s to go on and I chose 205 Michelin PS5 to go on them - pics to come when the tyres show up (they’ve just come out). I’m choosing 205s because I think they fit the arch better but mainly as the car is an EV and I want to balance rolling resistance with grip.

The car isn’t dialled in yet hence lack of pics but this might help:

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
The wheels you see in the pic (the Style 501 Track Spokes) have 205/45 Michelin Alpin (as a winter tyre they might come up slightly wider for a 205). I have some Style 534 18s to go on and I chose 205 Michelin PS5 to go on them - pics to come when the tyres show up (they’ve just come out). I’m choosing 205s because I think they fit the arch better but mainly as the car is an EV and I want to balance rolling resistance with grip.

The car isn’t dialled in yet hence lack of pics but this might help:

View attachment 78706
View attachment 78705
Thanks much @Fivetones (y)

That looks spot on in my opinion - not too aggressive, still sits under the arches but fills them in nicely. Should have come out of factory like this. I think that's what I'm going to do - the 501s grew on me, this way I can keep them but get a nicer stance. I may put Eibachs on to lower mine a touch too.

Sounds like you have it all worked out - makes complete sense to stick with 205 for the range. Look forward to hear your feedback on PS5s and also seeing the 534s on - good choice, I think it will stand out nicely as there aren't many of them. Did you go for the black or grey ones?

·
Registered
144 Posts
These 17" x 7.5 NM Engineering 5 spokes are slowly growing on me, which I'm surprised by. They clear the JCW brakes and also work with the oem Mini center cap...
*pictured on F56 in followup post after this

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Thanks @J99CWW, the aim was a tweaked factory look. ;)

The 534s have been refinished in a darker satin grey. They’re a nice wheel and are forged which makes them light and strong.
Well you definitely achieved that 👍 I booked mine in with Lohen for spacers and springs so will copy your current set up.

Nice, I didn’t know they’re forged, that’s great, helps with unsprung weight! Good thinking. They’ll definitely look unique in custom paint.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So here it is, finally got round to fitting the new wheels.
Sparco assetto gara 17 x 7.5 ET35 fitted with Good Year eagle F1 aysemetric 5 215/45 r17.

Yes they do poke a bit more then standard but fit absolutely fine. Personally I like the look of the wider track and glad I stuck with the 17" rims.
Here's a few before and afters.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Vehicle Sky Car Tire
Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Tire Car Vehicle Sky Wheel
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
So here it is, finally got round to fitting the new wheels.
Sparco assetto gara 17 x 7.5 ET35 fitted with Good Year eagle F1 aysemetric 5 215/45 r17.

Yes they do poke a bit more then standard but fit absolutely fine. Personally I like the look of the wider track and glad I stuck with the 17" rims.
Here's a few before and afters. View attachment 78809 View attachment 78808 View attachment 78810 View attachment 78807 View attachment 78811 View attachment 78816
View attachment 78815
Looks great - nice aggressive look 👍 They fill in the arches well and the wheels actually look bigger than 17”, well done. And thanks for plenty before/after pics!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts