Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Had my petrol cooper on order since early Feb and so far two delivery dates have gone by and still no car - it seems it's built but MINI won't release it??
Anyone else having delivery issues - my dealership seem at a loss to what is going on and calling MINI UK today they simply pass me back to my dealer :(

Cheers
MD

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That's disgusting MD1

Their was an initial cry of contrasting black white roofs holding up production - but as far as I know with my dealer she said it seems to be over now and my car has an ETA for the end of May and I ordered her 2 weeks ago

You say the is car built? Therefore it should have a VIN number? If the car has a VIN number it should be traced to somewhere.

But no one should be playing you back and fourth - that's wrong on all accounts - that sounds like my experience with Audi!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi MD,

First congratulations on the order. As production ramps up on the new car there have been a few issues with some parts that need revision and a few options that are on back order. This is always to be expected with a new car. Hang on in there, an order in February is relatively recent, I ordered back in November here in the UK and I'm getting mine this weekend. Hopefully you'll get some news shortly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine was ordered with a contrast white roof at about the same time as yours but perhaps a week or two before. Thankfully, we pick it up tomorrow afternoon! (I am not trying to rub it in. I really feel for you because it will inevitably have spoilt the new car experience.

It highlights to me that there has been a serious problem on the production line and I think they lost at least a full week of production. That has thrown everything out because rather than delaying production for a week, they just lost the whole week. Which is why people who ordered their car after you are taking delivery before. It isn't right and the Germans won't be happy! It isn't logical!

What complicates it further it that all the cars for the first few months were pre-allocated to the dealers. So, depending on how successful your dealer was in pre launch sales, will depend on how long you wait. It will certainly be possible to order exactly the same car at exactly the same time but from different dealers and be quoted completely different delivery times....

But, I am confident that it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
8 Posts
snap

Hi MD1,

Welcome to the forum,

I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

My car has been built for nearly 2 weeks, but Mini aren't releasing it.

My dealer is at a loss to understand why.

My delivery was expected today.

Frustrated

Lah Pom>:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all your replies - I have a contrasting roof but have a screen shot saying built 21 March - all seems very strange - hopefully there will be news soon but going down to the dealer on Saturday for serious chats as to what to do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was told when I picked my Cooper S up the other week that the logistical issue was that the trains that they are transported on will only move when it was reached a certain load weight, so did they haven't got enough on the train, it won't leave!!! Weird!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
defo engine problem, MINI UK customer service manager confirmed it to me today - when asked if they had any idea on when delivery would take place I was told 'NO' :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yet another update - the engine issue is ONLY on diesels - the reason for petrol models being delayed is just a logistics one and the factory is closing for two weeks at Easter and they hope to get all petrol models out to dealers ASAP

·
Registered
189 Posts
The Diesel engine problem is old news, but closing the factory for 2 weeks is bad form so soon after launch date:eek:

Texy

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Diesel engine problem is old news, but closing the factory for 2 weeks is bad form so soon after launch date:eek:

Texy
Any idea when the two weeks runs from/to?? I wonder if it was pre or post Easter weekend. Not that that will make a huge difference I'm sure! I'm starting to give up all hope of ever getting my shiny new mini :-/

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The factory (as I understand it from what MINI customer services have told me) is being closed to allow petrol cars built to be moved and delivered to dealers -the diesel models have caused a blockage and nothing is moving because of this - finger crossed that no one waits too long now

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Saw the dealer on Saturday and he's hopeful my car will be here by the end of this month! Fingers crossed hey :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Saw the dealer on Saturday and he's hopeful my car will be here by the end of this month! Fingers crossed hey :)
Yay that's great news :) not long at all really!! x

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered a Cooper for my 76 year old mother on the launch weekend in March for delivery in May but got a call today to say car delayed due to contrasting roof issues. Dealer said that the machinery at factory needed some re-tooling and asked whether we would take car in red and have the roof painted black by the dealers body shop. Needless to say this kind offer was politely declined and I told the dealer in no uncertain terms that the car contrasting roof must be painted at the factory as part of the normal manufacturing process. Cannot believe that this was suggested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mine has black roof on blazing red car and is built (21st March) but MINI can't get it out from all the diesels blocking it in to delver - dealer is hopeful for end of this month if not early May - ordered early Feb!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts