Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, or rather assume, that the delivery charge is a flat rate across the UK - much like a postage stamp. Except more expensive.

Presumably there are mini dealers near the mini factory. Do they get to explain to their customers why it costs £440 to deliver their cars a few miles?

Is the delivery to US and Australia itemised separately, and is it from factory or local port? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Interesting point,, IN the US the delivery charge is $795.00 USD.. Maybe Mini just charges a flat rate around the globe.. I would be tweeked if my Mini dealer was 20 miles from the factory and got hit with $795..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about 23 miles distant...

I can live with it - mostly because I'be no doubt benefited in the past. I did offer to deliver my PX to the dealer for a similar sum but they weren't up for it.

The nearest dealer looks to be about 13 miles from the factory. I bet they get some stick when that delivery charge gets detailed.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm just guessing but does the delivery charge include all the checks and rectifications that a dealer has to make before handing the car over? Labour rates nowadays tend to be more than £100/hour.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Also, aren't all cars initially transported to a distribution centre, rather than from Oxford? If so, just because you are nearer to the factory, doesn't mean the costs will be any less.
I could be wrong!
Texy

·
Registered
998 Posts
it's a BMW facility. it probably makes more sense when you consider all UK BMW group cars get delivered to one distribution centre

1 - 9 of 9 Posts