Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my delivery date, dealer has stated it's a worst case date and they usually deliver sooner.

Going to be a long wait till the festive season this year... >:D

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excitement levels are peaking, need to keep my wallet in check browsing minilover for accessories.

Best to try and forget until the date comes nearer...

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
320 Posts
The dreaded accessories catalogue...... Driving lights, JCW Tuning Kit and Pro Exhaust..... Kerrrrching!!!! Good luck with that!

Love Thunder Grey, and good to see a Chrono pack, HK is brill, welcome along!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously torn regarding my decision not to take the DDC, dealer said difference was minimal and sport didn't do much to improve the ride. Every review seems to state that DDC is a no brainer and essential to allow for more damping on rough roads.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dreaded accessories catalogue...... Driving lights, JCW Tuning Kit and Pro Exhaust..... Kerrrrching!!!! Good luck with that!

Love Thunder Grey, and good to see a Chrono pack, HK is brill, welcome along!

Not to mention the stickers and mirrors and puddle lights and and and... >:D

Reactions: dgswick

·
Registered
320 Posts
I didnt do dynamic dampers on the JCW, i find its just fine, not too jiggly and definitely not harsh or crashy. No regrets here and mines a daily drive with some business mileage in there too. Standard is fab on the motorway especially. Mine torque steers a fair bit on rough surfaces, cant imagine dynamic dampers alter that bit much. Cooper S would be exactly the same I'd think.

I'd say keep it simple, less to go wrong, marginally less weight?, more upgrade options without...... others will disagree. If I was using it around town all the time, with low speed potholed roads, Id would consider them along with an autobox. Go with your gut instinct :)

Reactions: Grey thunder

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't help myself, ticked the box on the DDC.

Had an extra test drive and over Belgian roads and cobblestones (which are still a staple of roadbuilding technology here) the difference is very noticeable.

Would have regretted it down the line...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Couldn't help myself, ticked the box on the DDC.

Had an extra test drive and over Belgian roads and cobblestones (which are still a staple of roadbuilding technology here) the difference is very noticeable.

Would have regretted it down the line...
Belgium roads always remind me of how crap the UK roads are (where I am originally from) - The Netherlands is a different planet!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just called the dealer, no change in delivery date. Still slated first week of December.

Have already planned a day off work to get to know the car.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last week (fingers crossed)...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got word that she's on the boat to Zeebruges. Looks like she's an oxford build and not Dutch after all. Delivery sometime next week, pick up week after...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well delivery day has come round and car is still parked on the quayside. Looks like I'll be getting the car next week (best case as I can only apply for number plate once the car is at the dealer since they don't have any registration papers).

Decided to mark the occasion by ordering the stainless steel pedals, stubby antenna and door projectors.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And still no news... checking my mails every minute now...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.