Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New here, ordered an F56 JCW hatch at the end of April and have been advised of a delivery date end June.
Have already had the digital dash downgraded over the semiconductor issues, but wanted to know if anyone else is in the same position and what their delivery dates might be.
Have been hearing elsewhere that BMW have major issues supplying comfort access, so I am kind of expecting another call to delay delivery

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered F56 JCW early April but was told July - interestingly I've not been told about the digital dash being removed from the Comfort pack but could have been lucky and got in before they stopped. I did read in a dealership update that numbers were 'limited' in the comfort pack so it could have been luck.

Then again, I can see me arriving at the dealers to pick the car up and finding that it's missing the digital dash and I just wasn't told.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I find anything out I'll let you know - I want to have a chat with them as the deal was done on the basis of what my old car was worth a month ago - but since then at webuyanycar its' risen by £1k. Obviously you never go near them, but if they're showing a rise in value, somethings up!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If it is my help when we ordered the f55 that has since been cancelled I asked about the dash , the answer was if you get nav plus you get the digital dash no problem , if just nav pack old dash , we wanted heads up was told it would definetly have it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ahh see I didn't go for Nav Plus as there are features in there that didn't justify the cost at the time - wasn't worth £1300 odd for the heads up display. I mainly got the Nav pack for the digital dash as Car Play isn't any use as I don't have an iPhone and have always found the BMW navigation system a bit clunky.

I know the configurator changed at the end of April and for a few days you could spec the digital dash for £200 extra but that disappeared.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It’s a pain haveing to have nav plus just to get heads up , we where £15 under the magic 40 with it where it used to be £500 , all to do with tests for emissions they putting things in packs

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered my LCI2 back in Feb and I'm still waiting for it to go into production - apparently if you ordered prior to the end of Feb you will be prioritised with a Digidash - anyone after should get a refund (or partial) and the standard dash fitted. Not too sure what to believe.... :unsure:

Amy

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered my LCI2 back in Feb and I'm still waiting for it to go into production - apparently if you ordered prior to the end of Feb you will be prioritised with a Digidash - anyone after should get a refund (or partial) and the standard dash fitted. Not too sure what to believe.... :unsure:

Amy
It's hard to know what's right and what isn't - if they were aware of problems coming down the line, they could have made the modifications to the packs. Digidash was still available in the Comfort Pack until the end of April.

It could also be different models have different priorities too - so Exclusive / Sport could be prioritised over Classic etc. but you don't know. I think they did this back at the start of the shortage with the ambient lighting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Amy
Geez, that’s a long time to wait. Think I might be looking at some goodwill discount for that amount of time. Visited the dealership again yesterday and quizzed two of the sales team separately and they both stated 6 to 10 weeks wait for any model, with most arriving at the dealership within 8 weeks. No further semiconductor issues that they are aware of. Still being told end of June for my JCW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was tempted to go down that route - I can't seem to understand - or get a reason as to what the delay is unless it's due to semi-conductor issues however I haven't heard a peep... my build date is 31st May and delivery 14th June which also seems a long time. :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was tempted to go down that route - I can't seem to understand - or get a reason as to what the delay is unless it's due to semi-conductor issues however I haven't heard a peep... my build date is 31st May and delivery 14th June which also seems a long time. :(
It seems to be on average two months from order to delivery but I've no idea how the dealership order system works - could they be bumping you down the list to get more showroom stock in or prioritising more loyal customers?

Obviously if you agree a deal in Feb and you're trading in a car, that car will most certainly be worth more now as the value of used cars has shot up by at least 10% since Feb (my Cooper S valuation gained £1k in a month) so therefore the dealer will make more money on the valuation in Feb compared to now if you see what I mean so by holding you off, it could increase more.

Not saying that's the case here, but if you're trading one in - I'd definitely ask for a re-valuation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought that, I have been to local show rooms near me and the stock they have in the showroom is abysmal (compared to what it's been before with a new LCI or model etc). I can't find a JCW anywhere in the flesh (that's an actual JCW and not the S specked up with JCW items).

Luckily (or not) I'm not trading in (my poor audi is off to a new home for some cash in the pocket!) - My order form was submitted to the factory at the end of Feb - it honestly feels like they've just shoved mine at the bottom and churning Electrics out like there's no tomorrow. Very frustrating - I was hoping they were over egging the timelines due to COVID / customer satisfaction... but clearly not! Fingers and toes firmly crossed, I seem to be the only person that's been waiting 3+ months. I saw yesterday someone ordered in April and they have a delivery date of early June?! What's mine been doing for the 2 months prior! :cautious:

Update! My JCW is now at 150 status - in production and scheduled for the Bodyshop with a revised delivery date of 7th June now...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've not seen a JCW either but be could dealers are going "it'll drive like this pre-LCI model, but look like this LCI model".

You're right though, there is something not quite right why it's taken that long but at least there's some movement!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Geez, that’s a long time to wait. Think I might be looking at some goodwill discount for that amount of time. Visited the dealership again yesterday and quizzed two of the sales team separately and they both stated 6 to 10 weeks wait for any model, with most arriving at the dealership within 8 weeks. No further semiconductor issues that they are aware of. Still being told end of June for my JCW.
If you think that is a long wait don't go and order a Toyota Yaris GR as they are currently about 14 months back order list :LOL:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all. I ordered mine beginning of May, told delivery is due 29th July. The digital dash was removed from comfort pack the last week of april (just before i bought it ffs!)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought that, I have been to local show rooms near me and the stock they have in the showroom is abysmal (compared to what it's been before with a new LCI or model etc). I can't find a JCW anywhere in the flesh (that's an actual JCW and not the S specked up with JCW items).

Luckily (or not) I'm not trading in (my poor audi is off to a new home for some cash in the pocket!) - My order form was submitted to the factory at the end of Feb - it honestly feels like they've just shoved mine at the bottom and churning Electrics out like there's no tomorrow. Very frustrating - I was hoping they were over egging the timelines due to COVID / customer satisfaction... but clearly not! Fingers and toes firmly crossed, I seem to be the only person that's been waiting 3+ months. I saw yesterday someone ordered in April and they have a delivery date of early June?! What's mine been doing for the 2 months prior! :cautious:

Update! My JCW is now at 150 status - in production and scheduled for the Bodyshop with a revised delivery date of 7th June now...
How do you find out the status???

·
Registered
36 Posts
How do you find out the status???
If you go to the Mini UK website in the bottom right hand corner there will be a chat box - you can speak to a (human!) Mini Genius who can give you an update on your order! (they aren't very detailed, but they will tell you what status it's at - e.g. scheduled for production / bodyshop etc)!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you think that is a long wait don't go and order a Toyota Yaris GR as they are currently about 14 months back order list :LOL:
I definitely do not have the patience for that! Mine now has a VIN number and was scheduled for assembly on 17/5 so hoping it wont be long now!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I find anything out I'll let you know - I want to have a chat with them as the deal was done on the basis of what my old car was worth a month ago - but since then at webuyanycar its' risen by £1k. Obviously you never go near them, but if they're showing a rise in value, somethings up!
Hi Colin. Wondered if you’d had the chat with the dealer yet, and how it went? Webuyanycar will give me £3800 more for my car than I am getting from the dealer in px. However I’m unsure if they can settle my outstanding finance along with the mini dealer honouring the deal without my car in px.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts