Mini Cooper Forum banner
281 - 300 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got a wooly answer of about 4 weeks from the genius when I asked a while ago.

It's locked when it's confirmed for production as that's when all the specific parts for your car will be ordered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had my monthly update on my Clubman JCW, still the same date of w/c 18th October for it to be at the prep centre. Its reassuring that the date has not changed from a month ago so hopefully next month’s update remains the same date 🤞🏽

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got a wooly answer of about 4 weeks from the genius when I asked a while ago.

It's locked when it's confirmed for production as that's when all the specific parts for your car will be ordered.
Many thanks! Which means mine could be delayed I guess. It’s still at scheduled for production but is meant to go into build in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks! Which means mine could be delayed I guess. It’s still at scheduled for production but is meant to go into build in less than 2 weeks.
As a word of warning I got to 3 days before my "scheduled for production" date and then got a call from the dealer saying it had moved by 6 weeks. Ordered at the beginning of March and status finally changed to "bodyshop start" just before the end of July shutdown for chip shortage so got fingers crossed for some good news in the next few days!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I received a 'scheduled for production' email on 12th June for an Order placed 14th May (F56 Cooper Sport), no emails/movement since. I'm going to chase up with the dealer shortly as it's been a good few weeks since we last spoke.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I received a 'scheduled for production' email on 12th June for an Order placed 14th May (F56 Cooper Sport), no emails/movement since. I'm going to chase up with the dealer shortly as it's been a good few weeks since we last spoke.
Do you have a confirmed production week then? Or has that kept slipping too?

My dealership says they’ve received very few cars this month - hopefully they come at the end of the month!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you have a confirmed production week then? Or has that kept slipping too?

My dealership says they’ve received very few cars this month - hopefully they come at the end of the month!
With the factory being shut I'm not suprised. Hopefully now it's open we should see a lot coming through.

It's a love hate thing waiting for a new car. Fantastic that were getting a brand new car but frustrating as we don't know when it will actually arrive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
With the factory being shut I'm not suprised. Hopefully now it's open we should see a lot coming through.

It's a love hate thing waiting for a new car. Fantastic that were getting a brand new car but frustrating as we don't know when it will actually arrive.
Couldn’t agree more and Minis always make me smile! I sold my last car (Boxster) and temporarily have my 13 year old Mini so just hoping the new car arrives before the bad weather!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just had my monthly update on my Clubman JCW, still the same date of w/c 18th October for it to be at the prep centre. Its reassuring that the date has not changed from a month ago so hopefully next month’s update remains the same date
Only thing I would say is the factories have been closed for whole of august, so unlikely things would have changed from a month ago, but once it actually starts build you will get a much more accurate picture. You can ask the Mini genius daily if you like, just need the AG order no.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Only thing I would say is the factories have been closed for whole of august, so unlikely things would have changed from a month ago, but once it actually starts build you will get a much more accurate picture. You can ask the Mini genius daily if you like, just need the AG order no.
Can I ask what the 'AG order no' looks like? Might try the Genius if I have this No. on my paperwork.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Same as me, “due” to go into production on 13th, but until it does could be anyone’s guess
Thank you! I have started to ask them online. I guess we will know next week…if it locks means it could be built the following week or two.

Mine is meant to be delivered w/c 23rd

·
Registered
132 Posts
I checked with Mini and my car still hasn’t locked (status 112) even though it’s meant to go into build next week, for delivery in the last week of Sept. Hopefully not too much of a delay!

·
Registered
222 Posts
So mine has just arrives at the dealers, ordered 20th May 3dr cooper sport. It also has the digital dash & i didn't spec NAV+

·
Registered
132 Posts
So mine has just arrives at the dealers, ordered 20th May 3dr cooper sport. It also has the digital dash & i didn't spec NAV+
Exciting! Enjoy collection day. I’ve ordered a replica of the one attached. Mine has the digital dash…mixed on it but definitely need it for the electric!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I checked with Mini and my car still hasn’t locked (status 112) even though it’s meant to go into build next week, for delivery in the last week of Sept. Hopefully not too much of a delay!
You can also ask them to list the options to see what you are/should be getting. Got them to email me mine

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered my car last week, I was told it should be ready late Nov-Dec. We will see once I get an order number and any kinda production status.

281 - 300 of 353 Posts