Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey folks - does anyone know on average how long it takes for the car to actually be assembled? I think on the Mini website it shows as 3 days - however mines been planned now to be assembled for over a week. I have a VIN number apparently but not being recognised by a decoder - or the mini app.

I have visions of my panels just in the corner of the factory :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey folks - does anyone know on average how long it takes for the car to actually be assembled? I think on the Mini website it shows as 3 days - however mines been planned now to be assembled for over a week. I have a VIN number apparently but not being recognised by a decoder - or the mini app.

I have visions of my panels just in the corner of the factory :unsure:
Hi
Heard it takes around 8 days start to finish. Hopefully it won’t be sat in the corner in bits and more like parked up and ready for the transporter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, this thread does not fill me with much hope on delivery times lol. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and was hoping it would be 4-5 weeks from order to delivery but this thread suggests a lot lot longer...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, this thread does not fill me with much hope on delivery times lol. I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and was hoping it would be 4-5 weeks from order to delivery but this thread suggests a lot lot longer...
All depends what spec etc you have ordered.... I think the Chip shortage has pushed mine back continuously!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Literally the most basic spec is the one I ended up ordering. Just a Level 1 Cooper SE.
You might be ok then, may even have one in stock. I am past week 5 and all I know is that my car has been scheduled for production over 2 weeks ago. Still being told end of June.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might be ok then, may even have one in stock. I am past week 5 and all I know is that my car has been scheduled for production over 2 weeks ago. Still being told end of June.
My issue is that I can’t track it as it’s via a lease company so unfortunately have no clue what’s going on hence why I keep on hoping it’s pretty soon..when did you order yours?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was told the other day that production week is 1st June and delivery 21st-25th of June. Ordered beginning of May and originally told end of July!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My issue is that I can’t track it as it’s via a lease company so unfortunately have no clue what’s going on hence why I keep on hoping it’s pretty soon..when did you order yours?
Third week of April. The dealers have and continue to quote between 6 and 10 weeks but I know that the semi conductor issue has pushed things back a little. Hope you get it soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Marty has now been planned for assembly for 2 weeks.... I go to mini genius chat and they say it's 'starting to take shape' at the bodyshop - status 151.

Honestly I don’t understand all these delays at all... avg 8 days from assemble to being ready to be transported... but 14?! :unsure:

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Marty has now been planned for assembly for 2 weeks.... I go to mini genius chat and they say it's 'starting to take shape' at the bodyshop - status 151.

Honestly I don’t understand all these delays at all... avg 8 days from assemble to being ready to be transported... but 14?! :unsure:
Marty has been born! He is waiting for the transporter to pick him up and deliver him at my dealer.... Yippee!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was on the chat with mini this morning and they told me that the lead times for an SE Level 1 is July to September as in Q3... I can’t even track my order from the lease company either as they apparently don’t have that sort of information...

21 - 40 of 95 Posts