Mini Cooper Forum banner
461 - 480 of 537 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ah okay 👌 makes sense, I know the cheapest I can find the Genuine Mini piano black waistline for the F56 is £325 on eBay however not sure if my Mini dealership will fit it for me unless purchased direct from them and think it would be a lot more not to mention no doubt fitting fee of £100 which seems to be the least they want to charge (quoted when I asked if they would hard wire my existing Dash Cam to my new Mini even though Halfords only charge £35) so it would probably end up over £500 so may just also try the cheaper tape option first to see if I really need it 😉
When I picked mine up yesterday the salesman said they get a lot of them wrapped for customers, that might be another option if you don't fancy trying yourself? It would still be a lot less than £500.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ah okay makes sense, I know the cheapest I can find the Genuine Mini piano black waistline for the F56 is £325 on eBay however not sure if my Mini dealership will fit it for me unless purchased direct from them and think it would be a lot more not to mention no doubt fitting fee of £100 which seems to be the least they want to charge (quoted when I asked if they would hard wire my existing Dash Cam to my new Mini even though Halfords only charge £35) so it would probably end up over £500 so may just also try the cheaper tape option first to see if I really need it
Pretty sure you can option the black belt line for the F56, and isn’t much at all, £100 I think. (But dealer needs to add to the factory order as doesn’t show on configurator I think) As others have said not an option for Countryman.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Pretty sure you can option the black belt line for the F56, and isn’t much at all, £100 I think. (But dealer needs to add to the factory order as doesn’t show on configurator I think) As others have said not an option for Countryman.
Wow wished I’d know that earlier 🥲 would not dare add anything to order right now in case of further delays and having all ready changed my trim from Classic to Sport 😉

Wish dealerships would mention this sort of thing when placing an order if not in configuration :/

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wow wished I’d know that earlier 🥲 would not dare add anything to order right now in case of further delays and having all ready changed my trim from Classic to Sport

Wish dealerships would mention this sort of thing when placing an order if not in configuration :/
I asked my dealer about adding this for my F60 at order time, but that is when I found out not an option for Countryman. I will probably go down the vinyl wrap route, but at the moment belt line doesn’t bother me, but then I have white silver. Car goes for rear tints on Friday (didn’t want to order via factory as would have tipped me over the £40k limit, so £325 odd extra road tax p/a, no thanks. Tints costing £180 + VAT, so not bad at all.

Just finished correction and ceramic coating (2 x coats MOHS and 1 x coat Skin) paint, alloys, exhaust tips and plastics. And polished and sealed glass and pano with hydrophobic coating . Spent about 15-18 hours on it from Thursday to today. All sealed ready for the winter, and saved myself the best part of £700-£1000 I would have been charged by a pro detailer.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Ah okay 👌 makes sense, I know the cheapest I can find the Genuine Mini piano black waistline for the F56 is £325 on eBay however not sure if my Mini dealership will fit it for me unless purchased direct from them and think it would be a lot more not to mention no doubt fitting fee of £100 which seems to be the least they want to charge (quoted when I asked if they would hard wire my existing Dash Cam to my new Mini even though Halfords only charge £35) so it would probably end up over £500 so may just also try the cheaper tape option first to see if I really need it 😉
Wow that’s expensive. I paid £250 for the official belt line kit, I got that from rybrook mini.

I don’t know where you are but I’d happily fit one to your car once I’ve practiced on mine. I’m in Leicestershire. You may have to wait a long time for me to practice on mine though 🤣

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow that’s expensive. I paid £250 for the official belt line kit, I got that from rybrook mini.

I don’t know where you are but I’d happily fit one to your car once I’ve practiced on mine. I’m in Leicestershire. You may have to wait a long time for me to practice on mine though 🤣
Lol very kind, your hired! 🤣 😉 I’m out in the sticks in Northumberland.

A great price btw you must have got Buddy rates 😮 please let us know how you get on 🙂

461 - 480 of 537 Posts