Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

Registered
I just spoke to Mini UK, said it was scheduled for bodyshop on 26th May... any chance anyone knows what that means?馃槀

Registered
Hi

I ordered my F55 MINI 5-Door Hatch Cooper Classic LCI II on 15 April and was told delivery would be beginning of June

I have been chasing the dealer and was told a few weeks ago that it was now 18 June.

I spoke to them today and they were quite evasive and just said they would keep checking with Oxford Works

I called Mini my self and they said there should be a commission number on the paper work from the dealer. Which should be
be a 7 digit number starting with either 4, 5 or 6.

After finding the number they were able to give me a more informed update which was
"Production is set to begin week starting Monday, 14 June 2021, and the estimated delivery to my dealer is predicted to be 28th June"

Why dealers can not be more up front is beyond me as they must have had the same information which Mini gave me

Mini have said they are more than happy to give me future updates and all I need to do is give the commission number

Registered
Marty has been born! He is waiting for the transporter to pick him up and deliver him at my dealer.... Yippee!
Scrap this - just checked in with Mini and the car is going through QA and seemly has gone backwards.

I was told at the start of the week it was sat waiting to go to the dealer and in storage at Oxford? Estimated delivery is now 14th June... is this becoming a joke or am I impatient?

The car sat at assemble for over 14 days - surely that would have included QA and 鈥渁dding the finishing touches鈥 馃槕馃槳

Registered
I'd ask as to why it's gone backwards if they've felt the need to pull it back from waiting for transport into Q&A. All testing would take place before it's ready to leave.

Either you've been told something date wise that wasn't right or they misread the code, or something happened while it was waiting.

Could just be they pull some cars randomly back just for extra QA checks, to check on the QA process - which is a good thing.

Registered
I'd ask as to why it's gone backwards if they've felt the need to pull it back from waiting for transport into Q&A. All testing would take place before it's ready to leave.

Either you've been told something date wise that wasn't right or they misread the code, or something happened while it was waiting.

Could just be they pull some cars randomly back just for extra QA checks, to check on the QA process - which is a good thing.
Checked in again today and the Mini has officially left the building and is now in transportation and will be at my dealer w/c 14th June (I hope it doesn't take 5 days to get from Oxford to Berry ;-) )

I daren't check in again just incase it's gone backwards 2 steps again and actually it's still being assembled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered
Checked in again today and the Mini has officially left the building and is now in transportation and will be at my dealer w/c 14th June (I hope it doesn't take 5 days to get from Oxford to Berry ;-) )

I daren't check in again just incase it's gone backwards 2 steps again and actually it's still being assembled :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Registered

From experience if it's already in transport and it's only got to go by road, it could even possibly be the end of the week. Cars are moving left right and centre at the moment, so transporters are constantly on the move.

Registered
From experience if it's already in transport and it's only got to go by road, it could even possibly be the end of the week. Cars are moving left right and centre at the moment, so transporters are constantly on the move.
That's what I was hoping! I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he's 'called' for the car and should be there by next Weds ready for me to pick up first thing Saturday Morning - I am taking the JCW to Scotland that Saturday for a week to do the NC500 - a delay is something I cannot afford now! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed @alexrorii yours isn't too much longer either now!

Registered
That's what I was hoping! I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he's 'called' for the car and should be there by next Weds ready for me to pick up first thing Saturday Morning - I am taking the JCW to Scotland that Saturday for a week to do the NC500 - a delay is something I cannot afford now! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fingers crossed @alexrorii yours isn't too much longer either now!
We can only hope!! Hope you鈥檙e comes in time for the NC500!

Registered
Just had the call from Mini, car is due to be delivered 16th of June (a week early馃槅) Now comes the fun of picking the new plate!

Registered
Marty has finally arrived at the Dealership and handover begins after what feels like the longest 4 months ever..... Booked for Collection on Saturday... :love:
Omg! Mine got delivered today and my handover is sunday! Just have to check one of the harmon kardon speaker conductors apparently (??)

41 - 60 of 95 Posts