Mini Cooper Forum banner
81 - 100 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Literally just had a call from my dealer. All good still for 28th June. They are trying to push it through as it is the end of their financial quarter. We’ll see.
Thanks alexrorii. I think dealers have slots
That's the big that confuses me - how the whole thing works and how one dealer could get you faster than the other.

Ordered a black JCW end of March (got a decent deal to get a sale through before the EOY), and told June before I ordered, then it went to July.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
That's the big that confuses me - how the whole thing works and how one dealer could get you faster than the other.

Ordered a black JCW end of March (got a decent deal to get a sale through before the EOY), and told June before I ordered, then it went to July.
I’m not counting my chickens yet. Believe it when I see it. I reckon it will be July before I am in it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My question would be ... is the tracking really that reliable? Like with anything else is there a possibility that it turns up earlier than quoted.. that’s what I’m hoping for personally 🤣

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just spoke to Mini. Head office still haven’t said what they need to check (what’s the point in putting a delivery hold and not saying why???). Sold my car today so I can pay for Sunday but just been told it will definitely not be ready Sunday. Now carless lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just spoke to Mini. Head office still haven’t said what they need to check (what’s the point in putting a delivery hold and not saying why???). Sold my car today so I can pay for Sunday but just been told it will definitely not be ready Sunday. Now carless lol
I'd get on and ask exactly what is going on and why. Throw in and ask if they need to check anything in regards the safety of the vehicle or for any manufacturing defects and they might just say what it is for reassurance.

"I'm concerned that if it left Mini and needs to be checked again - it's not filling me with confidence"- you get the idea...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd get on and ask exactly what is going on and why. Throw in and ask if they need to check anything in regards the safety of the vehicle or for any manufacturing defects and they might just say what it is for reassurance.

"II'm concerned that if it left Mini and needs to be checked again - it's not filling me with confidence"- you get the idea...
Yeah I think i’m going to call them soon and find out. They said theres no time line on it so it could be sorted monday but it could be sorted in a months time. Thankfully Mini have agreed to let me steal a car from them if i need it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It’s very strange but at least you know it’s there. I’d still bug them to find out the issue. They surely have to say other than ‘checks’.

BRG or is that rebel green? I always get the two mixed up given how similar to each other they can look in different light!

·
Registered
63 Posts
It’s very strange but at least you know it’s there. I’d still bug them to find out the issue. They surely have to say other than ‘checks’.

BRG or is that rebel green? I always get the two mixed up given how similar to each other they can look in different light!
Yeah hopefully it won’t be long. Pretty sure there is a recall but not 100%. It’s rebel green!

·
Registered
80 Posts
@Mypyh4ooo @MartytheMini did either of you get HK speakers on yours?
Not on mine! I have picked my JCW up and the Infotainment system is dead as a dodo with 6 miles on the clock!

Worked when they did a PDI yesterday.
Tried resetting.
Mini dealer couldn’t get it to work
Still accepted the car as using it for Scotland tomorrow.

No centre avail to look at it for weeks.

Absolute shambles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not on mine! I have picked my JCW up and the Infotainment system is dead as a dodo with 6 miles on the clock!

Tried resetting.

Absolute shambles.
Oh god! That’s atrocious. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon!

·
Registered
46 Posts

Tried resetting.

Absolute shambles.
This sounds an absolute nightmare. Make sure you keep the pressure up on the dealer - and hard at it.

And don’t let them fob you off with accepting the car so you accepted a faulty unit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
So had two emails within a minute this afternoon, one to say my mini build is complete and the second to say it’s left the factory and is on its way. Less than 24hrs after the last email that said it was being painted. Quick work or a stock car???
sounds like it may be with me a week earlier than expected. I hope to god it doesn’t haveany similar problems as @MartytheMini. That sounds horrendous. Will get some pics when I can and once I’ve picked it up was going to post the complete set of email updates so others can follow the journey from order.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So had two emails within a minute this afternoon, one to say my mini build is complete and the second to say it’s left the factory and is on its way. Less than 24hrs after the last email that said it was being painted. Quick work or a stock car???
sounds like it may be with me a week earlier than expected. I hope to god it doesn’t haveany similar problems as
I had this too! Within the space of five minutes, it went from being in the paint shop to leaving the factory. Looks like there was a log jam in the e-mails maybe.

81 - 100 of 221 Posts