Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello There,

Just curious - How long did it take your MINI to arrive at dealership from point of order?

What is normal for UK delivery? It's my first time ordering a car thats built in the UK.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I ordered on the 22nd of November I think, it was built on the 10th December and took delivery on the 23rd December.

My mums JCW was exactly four weeks from order to delivery.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I ordered my JCW Feb 15th but there was no more JCW production until April so held up, it has now just been finished and looking at end of April for collection.

It all depends on dealer build slots and model etc but 4-6 weeks seems about normal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ordered my MCS late January. There were no reserved slots or anything so this was a completely fresh order.

It would have been 8 weeks but it ended up being nine as I wanted it to be a week 12 production model as that was the first build week LEDs and DRLs became part of CHILI.

I added the red-stitched JCW wheel with about 5 weeks to go and I think I had the best part of a few weeks after I ordered to confirm on exterior colour and a few interior bits of trim, but anecdotally I've heard of people changing their mind on quite large aspects of the car much later on and it not affecting dewwivewy.

In short, from scratch: 9 weeks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think it worked out £100 cheaper on the list price than having them separately. However, on the PCP it made very little difference as your payment is plotted against the residual value and the expected residual increase on an LED equipped model more or less offsets the price of them. But that didn't really come into it. I told him the price he needed to work to and if he worked to it, he got the business. He specced it all out and then made it fit by adding a "Special Allowance" that got subtracted on the final breakdown.

JCW steering wheel list price was £75 or something, but on my PCP it went up by £3.50 over the 35 month term - 10p per month.

Spec out the car you want, throw it at a few dealers - don't sweat about what costs what, just tell them what you need the price to be. They'll keep knocking it down until the point they can't. When all the dealers have got to their cheapest price, you buy from the cheapest of the cheap or buy a different car.

Easy... (once you take your emotions out of it)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.