Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both 17x7 with 54mm offset. Both called "Track Spoke". Both available in silver. Googling has not been my friend, except that I know they (the silver version of each) have different part numbers: 501 = 36116855107 and 562 = 36116858899. Does anyone know the difference between these two wheels?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
The track spoke 17" alloys are available in 2 versions (not sure which is which), 1 version fits the JCW and other models and the other fits other models except JCW.
The JCW has bigger brake calipers on the from so the JCW fitment wheels are bowed out more to clear them.
From the side the wheels look the same but looking from the side you'll notice the bow.
I read if wanting to fit non JCW wheels on a JCW you can get them to fit using spacers.

The 18" cup alloys are the same - 2 different versions - 1 fits JCW the other doesn't (without spacers)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Figured out that the 501 will clear the JCW brakes and the 562 will not. I wonder why MINI didn't just make one version that fits both??

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
923 Posts
Thank you! Figured out that the 501 will clear the JCW brakes and the 562 will not. I wonder why MINI didn't just make one version that fits both??
Seems strange - i guess it for when owners upgrade to the bigger brakes they then have to buy new wheels as well?
I'm wanting to upgrade some interior lights but the harnesses are different if you didn't spec the options from new - would make sense to use the same harness in all cars but then Mini/BMW don't want owners to do the upgrades themselves so make it difficult for us

·
Registered
608 Posts
501's do fit all models... Problem with OEM wheels made to fit over JCW calipers is that the spoke design has to be convex shaped which personally don't look as good (in my opinion) than spokes which are flatter in design which I assume is why they made a different wheel for models without the huge JCW calipers

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
501's do fit all models... Problem with OEM wheels made to fit over JCW calipers is that the spoke design has to be convex shaped which personally don't look as good (in my opinion) than spokes which are flatter in design which I assume is why they made a different wheel for models without the huge JCW calipers
Sounds plausible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
506 across spoke wheels are the same. I bought a new set with tyres. My pal wanted them for his JCW. They don’t fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts