Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
You definitely do.
Because your gas pedal response curve becomes more aggressive in Sport mode and 15% of travel equals (roughly speaking) 40% of travel in Mid mode.
But in my opinion just switching the drive modes itself does not enable some "pop and bang" mapping. I can get pops and bangs in both modes if i drive it hard enough. It's just i have to be a lot heavier on the pedal in Mid.
I'm pretty sure that switching between Mid/Sport enables the pops-in-a-row (like 3-5 sequential pops) as in the following video (an MCS with stock exhaust, I take no credit for the vid):

In Mid, I only get an occasional single pop under very-heavy acceleration. Pops-in-a-row only with Sport mode...

And what I call bangs/cracks is what you hear at 0:35 in the video. Bangs do happen in every driving program (even in green, although the goldfish goes crazy lol), when there's a gear upshift and you're fairly revving the engine.

That's in my experience (MCS here).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks all for the help and info! I’ll have to find excuses to run my new car in and then try and drive it a bit harder. :)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts