Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just trying to work out whether the exhaust that is installed as part of the JCW Pro tuning kit on a Cooper S would be the same as just the JCW Pro exhaust fitted to a fJCW?
Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi all,

Just trying to work out whether the exhaust that is installed as part of the JCW Pro tuning kit on a Cooper S would be the same as just the JCW Pro exhaust fitted to a fJCW?
Does anyone know?
Yes, the JCW Pro exhaust is the same whether you have the Cooper S or the fJCW.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hmm...looking at the part diagrams, you may be right. The JCW part doesn't have the tune (not that it would work on a fJCW), nor the badging, but the exhaust itself looks 99% the same. That 1% difference is the head of the exhaust is different on the JCW part. Besides that one piece, it works the same.

You can compare the parts diagrams here:
Cooper S JCW Pro Kit: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=XP73-USA-05-2016-F56-Mini-Cooper_S&diagId=03_0036
fJCW Pro Kit: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=XM93-USA-05-2016-F56-Mini-JCW&diagId=03_2907
Interestingly enough, the fJCW kit is more expensive...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Same part, part number is different because of the lack of tune. Should have been reflected in price as well, something to the tune of 500. Since they share the same cat /downpipe everything should be identical.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The tune significantly increases horsepower for the S. Vetsvette has had it done and can give you the amount of HP gain, I think it is somewhere between 20-30 HP. The PRO Exhaust will add 8-9. The difference is very noticeable. The difference in the exhaust note is also very significant and throatier when it is open. Some installs have had issues with the valve not remaining open, but I have not had any issues with 10,000 + miles on the system. It is well worth the expense.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just a thought... I have read and seen dyno results of the JCW Pro exhaust with flap open vs flap closed which is around 8 bhp but not sure if I have seen any OEM std. exhaust (MCS or JCW) vs Pro exhaust before and after dyno results

It could be that the JCW Pro exhaust with flap closed is more or possibly less restrictive that the std. exhaust.... It could also be possible that the std. JCW exhaust is less restrictive that the MCS std. exhaust which again could show different gains when this exhaust is installed in isolation (exc. the JCW tuning kit ECU gains)

One thing for sure though is the extra noise certainly makes it feel subjectively faster (part actual and part placebo possibly) :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same part, part number is different because of the lack of tune. Should have been reflected in price as well, something to the tune of 500. Since they share the same cat /downpipe everything should be identical.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I was talking to someone who had the Pro exhaust on his Cooper S and had the dealer remove and fit to his JCW when he got it. They're now saying they might have to take it off due to MINI UK saying it shouldn't have been fitted to the JCW...?

I'm pretty sure the exhaust without the tune IS cheaper from the dealer?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I was talking to someone who had the Pro exhaust on his Cooper S and had the dealer remove and fit to his JCW when he got it. They're now saying they might have to take it off due to MINI UK saying it shouldn't have been fitted to the JCW...?

I'm pretty sure the exhaust without the tune IS cheaper from the dealer?
The JCW Pro exhaust retails cheaper than the JCW Tuning Kit although there are special offers that some dealers do from time to time that can be the contrary.

I would ask Cotswold for a quote for the JCW Pro Exhaust for your car and negotiate from there. Shop around and you can get some good discounts from dealer to dealer. I had my Tuning kit fitted from a different dealer to my JCW brake kit due to getting a better price

Mini can be funny with warranty related issues if you install a part that was not intended for that model (even if it fits or possibly the same)!

I got a quote for JCW Pro suspension but was told that as my car has Variable Damper Control (which the kit is not intended to replace) the warranty on the suspension (and possibly related components) would be void if I got it fitted... hence why I got KW suspension instead (at least they cover the warranty on their parts)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.