Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the 'Digital Cockpit' is now available as part of the Nav Plus Pack on non Electric models in the UK (price looks to have increased by £200 (£2200) for the Pack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice!

I also noticed on the Nav plus that the iDrive controller is the standard smaller one with the orange button, rather than the one you can draw out the letters on. Heads up if anyone was looking for that functionality with the bigger nav and screen.

·
Registered
2016 Clubman Cooper
9 Posts
Nice!

I also noticed on the Nav plus that the iDrive controller is the standard smaller one with the orange button, rather than the one you can draw out the letters on. Heads up if anyone was looking for that functionality with the bigger nav and screen.
I thought the bigger touch iDrive controllers are gone since the introduction of touch infotainment screens? I have it on my 2016 F54 but I've not seen any LCI with them so far.

·
Registered
959 Posts
My 2018 LCI has the larger controller that you can write on, and the touchscreen. I prefer the controller otherwise you get fingerprints on the screen, and it is far more accurate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought the bigger touch iDrive controllers are gone since the introduction of touch infotainment screens? I have it on my 2016 F54 but I've not seen any LCI with them so far.
I have seen some LCI hatches with the larger iDrive controller but it appears at some point in 2020 they have been standardised to the smaller ones with the orange dot.
I did a lot of looking when I thought I was going to change my car last year and double checked LCI models produced this year and last year.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You have to admire them for the ability to charge you extra :rolleyes:
Yep - never knowingly undercharged is the BMW mantra. I suspect the sub-GameBoy quality digital instrument thingy costs MINI less than the analogue version too. Hope anyone who ticks the box has seen one in the flesh before parting with their dosh! 😂

1 - 7 of 7 Posts