Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a dilemma. Deciding between Mini Cooper S F56 and Mini Paceman JCW R61.
Both models are basically with the same specification mileage and year.
- 8000km
- Same price
- Wired + Chili + HarmaKardon ...

What’s your suggestion? Is really F56 so much better then R61 JCW?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would take the F56. New model, new engines, better quality impression (or so I have been told), fancier bells-and-whistles and probably better valuation when you decide to move forward....

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
Plus quieter better ride, better economy sportier more fun ; there is no comparison. do you need the space-if not go for the f56 any day but don't take our word for it; you really need to go for a drive in both however short. that will make your mind up instantly. The f56 will actually feel like the bigger car in a way due to its refinement!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plus quieter better ride, better economy sportier more fun ; there is no comparison. do you need the space-if not go for the f56 any day but don't take our word for it; you really need to go for a drive in both however short. that will make your mind up instantly. The f56 will actually feel like the bigger car in a way due to its refinement!
Thanks for the inputs; actually I drove both cars.
F56, it’s different car; feeling, driving, cornering, engine response… it’s different, like NEW car, different class. Completely different then R61.

I’m thinking R61 for AWD and bigger space (not 100% necessary, I can buy ski rack), only.

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
agreed if you really need more space-but of course you could try the 5 door mini, and order it with the rails-i have the bmw bars and the roof box fits superbly. if you need the awd for winter, just buy a set of winter tyres- check out the autoexpress test-winter tyres on a 2 wd car outperform summer tyres on a 4wd! We both have them. bought a nice cheap set of alloys and matching tyres with programmed tpms from mytyres.co.uk they are very impressive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.