Mini Cooper Forum banner

Dint in hood

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  mikeswagon 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up my new MCS about two weeks ago on the Friday. On the Sunday morning I was giving the car a wash and noticed a small dint in the hood. By this point all I had done was 50 miles and 30 of them was back from the dealer. Nothing had hit the car and I had not had the hood up. I called the mini dealer in hull UK on the Monday to tell them. They stated they would be in touch. Bt Thursday I went in to pick up a part I ordered and brought up the dint again and again was told they would be in touch. Today just under a week later I called again and it was obvious they were never going to call me, but again they said they would get onto the dint man and call me back. Nothing, no call. I am not impressed, I know it is only a small dint but on a brand new car it is annoying, and it seems that mini hull don't want to do anything about it. I am half tempted to take it to my local dint man who would do it for around £60 but am worried that if I do that it will void the paint warranty.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear I do not know anything about Warranty in the UK but them small Dents pop right out and it should look like it never was there in the 1st Place. My Neighbor is a Body Guru and he does it all the time even on Cars over 200K.

This one might be a bit harder to polish out.:D:D

It is never Dull in Hull sorry could not help myself.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear...something like that happening to me when I order my new MINI is one of my worst fears about buying new! One good thing about driving a used car with some imperfections is you don't worry so much about where you park it, etc!

But, brand new-with a flaw, they should be all over that. Be persistent, but firm & polite...and I'm sure they will make it proper for you.

Good luck,

John

#5 ·
Mmm MINI Hull, that will be Stratstones then, if it's any consolation, their customer service is the same in every other dealership they run, second to everybody else.

Reactions: opal
#6 ·
Up date on my dint. They removed it after a lot of calls, it is like it was never there. All good now - side sun vizor fitted by myself! Now i need to decide if i should go ahead with the JCW upgrade. I want the remap under warranty but don't like the fact that the JCW exhaust is not road legal in the UK, with the valve open. So when can you use it? on a track maybe but they have sound level restrictions in the UK. It would be nice if Mini offered a JCW upgrade that was completely road legal in the UK.

#7 ·
Glad the dint has gone. I have seen lots of new Minis in dealer showrooms with dinted bonnets due to customers trying to shut the bonnets by pushing down on the bonnet springs rather than dropping the bonnet from about 12".

The bonnets on Minis seem very prone to denting. something to do with safety regulations which say something like 'if you're unfortunate enough to hit a pedestrian, they should be able to get up laughing'. ;)

#8 ·
Lots of new MINIs with dented bonnets (hoods) - really?

I am kind of glad that the fancy exhaust is illegal. But then the roads are full of cars and bikes that are deafening (near my house on a Sunday) and the police don't seem to be bothered in the slightest!

#14 ·
Funny that Falnano i woke up thinking the exact same thing. Mini bonnets are very soft and thin to protect pedestrians for the latest tests and also pop up if hit with pyrotechnics-hit and animal and it could be very pricey! GRRRR to stupid regs-really-hit a car you're not going to be well=speed is my personal gripe in towns and cities-that's where the cameras should be but hey ho. It is what is is-given the bonnet open warning appears on opening a message on the screen and a big sticker under there would be a BRILLIANT idea-drop don't push!

#17 ·
That is awful; shows how soft they are; here in the uk we have some excellent paintless dent repair people-around lincoln Dent devil dave is the man-a true genius-he took a dint out of our duster in minutes. We also had a mini done by a nottingham firm dentwizard, also brilliant-took longer as there was no access to the inside so it had to be eased out bit by bit rather than pushed out! Most car dealerships have one-trouble is they're so in demand it's hard to get them to come to you; i actually offered to take my car to where they were working but eventually got it done at home!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.