Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like it's really easy for stuff to get inside the F54's tail lights. Right now i got regular dirt, pieces of leaves and even a perfectly preserved mosquito inside the tail light border. Tried to get everything out with a pressure washer, to no avail.

Anyone experiencing this? Workarounds?

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
Think that is why they changed to black surrounds instead of clear in the mid term update!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy at BMW told me that removing the trim is troublesome and a no go. Weird as that dirt can easily get inside but not the wat around.

I guess changing the surround to black (if possible) would be a solution, but i don't know if it would look good...

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
Now standard; you can't see through it to see the dirt-will take a photo when I can!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
6,469 Posts
Am pretty sure it is a one piece thing; you'd have to have new lights. Alternatively you could get a clever wrap or mask and paint perhaps? See attached!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess so... and it's still noticeable, don't how how it would contrast on a melting silver. Well, guess i'll be preserving some more mosquitoes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined after finding this forum via a few google searches. We have an MY17 clubman in one of the silvers and I noticed the filth in the rear light surround straight away when looking over the car, it’s growing green things in there. What a surprise they’ve gone to a black surround. The side repeater surround appears the same.

I tried yesterday with some detailing products but they don’t get into the crevice. Next step is to try a small soft bristle brush, and failing that that light cluster will be coming out. The inner trim panel pops off the door and you can see the nuts that hold it in, albeit I cannot see any detail for the grommet described by the parts diagram. Would be the one and only time I’ve had to replace a gasket to remove a rear light though.
that black one would not work on our silver car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts