Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the daylight I can't get my dash to light up as bright as I want it to. I've got my dimmer dial all the way up but it seems to have no effect.

However, if I shine a light into the little sensor on the speedo(like my cell phone flashlight), it will brighten up, but when I pull it away the lights dim down again.

What can I do!?

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I believe the dimmer dial only works when you engage driving lights. It's used at night time driving to decrease the ambient and dash lights due to reflectivity issues etc.
As for auto dimming during the day, I'm not sure if there is a step to over rule this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's great and all - but it's too dim for me on a normal basis and I need it to be brighter. I hate the fact that it doesn't allow me to do that. I may take apart the gauge assembly and see if there's something I can do to help the sensor get more light and see if that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so check this out - I realized I had some stick-on clear plastic rubber feet/cushion things. I got them at Wal Mart a while ago and wondered if they'd catch some light in the spot I need it to fool the sensor to give me brighter gauges in sun. Tell you what, it looks like it works! Something that may look a little classier or have a better finish to it may be those watch monocles that you see over the date. They're small and cheap online too, like $3. I'll see how this goes for a while and see if it holds up as is for now, but I'm pretty surprised at how well this works so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.